Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
    That's a shame. The opening teaser in Killer Instinct had me pumped.

As long as Jacques is still crazy, I'll give it a go.
    It's not a shame, it's still good, buty I liked the 1st one better.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• We'll see how it shakes out.

I can't wait to see it (though I'll have to until later on today).
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Valley of the Wolves: Iraq

It's a Turkish movie. So, like Matt, if you know these fuckers, you'll know what to expect, right? Well, no, taking the Hood incident (US military took Turkish SF prisonners and did put a hood over their head) as a starting point, this masterpiece of retardation put the good guys (the Turks) trying to shame back the US commander (MOTHERFUCKING BILLY ZANE) responsible for the shaming and suicide of one of Special Force guys.

Including, Gary Busey as a US doctor whoI shit you not is an organ thief. And also; a JEW. And UFC fighter Tito Ortiz is in this shit. Not fighting.

So it's a anti-US and antisemitic movie featuring Billy Zane and Gary Busey in a secondary role.

1st class comedy.

Comment

• Mesrine: Public Enemy No.1

I'll echo Martin's sentiment that this is not nearly as good as the first installment, Killer Instinct.

Nothing to slight the performances of this second part, but it lacked the same momentum that propelled the first. I'd say more than anything, this is due to the unfortunate confluence of two issues: beginning the film in the way it did took the wind out of the sails in the climax and the casting of Mathieu Amalric as his jailbreak partner. I like Amalric, but here he was just a complete cypher, all crazy eyes and not much else.

But seeing as how this was dealing more and more with Mesrine's dwindling grasp on his criminal enterprise coupled with his arrogance toward those in his employ (Amalric here), it was necessary to have a partner who lacked Mesrine's recklessness. Too bad Amalric was dwarfed by Cassel.

I still really enjoyed it. And there is some unsurprisingly fantastic work by Cassel here (the courtroom, the reunion with his daughter, the interviews, etc.).

Also watched Bergman's Hour of the Wolf. It's an extension of the ideas planted in Persona, but with a more personal narrative wrapped around it (dealing with Bergman and Ullman's deteriorating relationship, his subservience to/obsession with the craft to the detriment of their union).
          Last edited by Captain Russ; 07-09-2011, 11:33 AM.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• First Knight

What if that King Arthur story was told in a very boring way by unconvincing actors playing fashionable knights that defend an acting legend clearly collecting a paycheck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
              First Knight

What if that King Arthur story was told in a very boring way by unconvincing actors playing fashionable knights that defend an acting legend clearly collecting a paycheck.
              And dressed in a Star Trek uniform with a little shield on it...

Comment

• BUT IT'S CLEARLY THE WAY KNIGHTS FOUGHT BACK THEN!

Just like Spartans fought in diapers and a cape, with the sole protection of helmet, shield and shinguards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  First Knight

Ben Cross is still awesome, I don't care what you say.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• All the actors were poor in this. Even Ben Cross.... though his chin did do well.

Comment

• Tron: Legacy.

Sure it has pointless set-pieces, underdeveloped characters, and that bio-digital jazz, man.

But it also had some surprising moments of fun, interesting ideas that were hinted at, fantastic sound and visual design, Olivia Wilde being a spritely dream girl in neon dreamland, and even Derp Hedlund grew on me.

Melty-face CGI Jeff Bridges is still weird, but in a way, it works in a world created whole cloth out of bio-digital jazz, man.

I kind of regret not seeing this on the big screen.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• 'First Knight' is an embarrassment for everyone involved.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I watched The Man Who Would Be King

Yeah, that's is what you call an adventure film. Everyone seems to forget Christopher Plummer's work as Rudyard Kipling.
                          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                            Tron: Legacy.

Sure it has pointless set-pieces, underdeveloped characters, and that bio-digital jazz, man.

But it also had some surprising moments of fun, interesting ideas that were hinted at, fantastic sound and visual design, Olivia Wilde being a spritely dream girl in neon dreamland, and even Derp Hedlund grew on me.

Melty-face CGI Jeff Bridges is still weird, but in a way, it works in a world created whole cloth out of bio-digital jazz, man.

I kind of regret not seeing this on the big screen.
                            Yes.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                              I watched The Man Who Would Be King

Yeah, that's is what you call an adventure film. Everyone seems to forget Christopher Plummer's work as Rudyard Kipling.
                              AMAZING movie. So very tempted to get the blu ray of that one.
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Revisited Exorcist 3 last night, and I will again go on record. It's one of my favorites.

Say what you will... but George C. Scott is all that is man.

And it still has the best jump scare ever with the hallway scene in the hospital.

Plus... GRAND L. BUSH!

Comment

Working...
                                X