Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
    The actual conspiracy that's been around since 1994 is that MJ had massive gambling debts, and the mobsters he owed it to killed his dad. David Stern told MJ after his dad's murder that he needed to be quiet, especially since it would be very possible for his dad's murder to be linked to a mob hit and then the link to MJ's (truly well known) gambling habits would be made by any half-ass journalist.

But again, for the second half to be legit, that means MJ got his dad killed because he couldn't pay debts...MJ had the money to pay ANY debt.
    The other reason the conspiracy doesn't make any sense because Jordan didn't disappear when he went into Baseball. In fact, the team he was on sold out every stadium they played in and had a large media presence following him. You could hardly say he was laying low.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
      The other reason the conspiracy doesn't make any sense because Jordan didn't disappear when he went into Baseball. In fact, the team he was on sold out every stadium they played in and had a large media presence following him. You could hardly say he was laying low.
      Plus...he came back. If David Stern was trying to keep the NBA away from possible scandal then he wouldn't have let MJ come back. This was while the "frozen envelope" conspiracy was still carrying around the league from Ewing's drafting a decade before. Stern is the best/smartest commissioner in sports, he wouldn't have let MJ come back, ever. EDIT: not to mention, MJ owns a team now. Yeah, this conspiracy is fun but not plausible, as most are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
        A certain something I can't talk about until the 20th
        C.A.?
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I'm saying yes as he said he had it during his birthday.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by ingrid View Post
            Toy Story 3. Dear, sweet lord. The crying. So much crying!
            Just watched it earlier today. The lump in my throat, especially the last scene... (sniff)

Comment

• The incinerator scene, when they're all holding hands...
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                The incinerator scene, when they're all holding hands...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rherb View Post
                  I love that flick.... Davis is great.
                  Agreed on both counts. Big-time. Geena was so sultry blond.

Bierko's is a demise for the ages.
                  "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• yeah, Geena looked GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD as a blonde.

Comment

• Sam's reaction to getting thrown out of the moving car still kills me. Just lights one up in the middle of the street, not giving a flying fuck.

His deadpan delivery in that movie is fantastic.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• "Battle:Los Angeles"

Boring. For as much shit as people have given me for digging on TF3 at least I wasn't hearing "MARTINEZ GO HERE, MARTINEZ GO THERE" the whole movie. It felt like a fucking COD DLC pack.

This was just bad. None of the characters had any personality, which wouldn't have been a problem, if anything of remote interest would have happened during the 2 hour run time.

Skyline > This.

I bet this is how people feel about Transformers 3. I kind of understand your pain now.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Rherb View Post
                          "Battle:Los Angeles"

Skyline > This.
                          Fuck me. I find this hard to believe. Cos Skyline was one of the worst films I've ever seen released in a cinema.
                          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Deep Blue Sea - still holds up. Despite the CGI sharks. Should fail on so many levels but it works.
                            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                            - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
                              Deep Blue Sea - still holds up. Despite the CGI sharks. Should fail on so many levels but it works.
                              The CGI sharks are pretty bad in a lot of spots, but the practical effect sharks are 100% convincing.

I have a lot of affection for this film...more than it deserves, frankly. It's FUN with a lot of memorable moments. I'll never forget watching that Sam Jackson 'scene' without any foreknowledge....what an awesome moment.

Comment

• Could we say Renny Harlin's best movie was Ford Fairlane?
                                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Working...
                                X