Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jan View Post

Time Crimes

Now that is a time travel movie after my liking! It does not reach Primer in terms of actual science of time travelling but it was a very intriguing concept. I will definitely rewatch this one very soon to iron out some questions I still have. Strongly recommended!

Now we can just wait and dread the inevitable remake.
    Time Crimes is amazing. I would love to go as the time traveler for Halloween one year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan View Post
      Hangover 2

I laughed the first time during the credits. That is all.
      That was one of the single most boring 'comedies' that I've ever seen.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• That would be an amazing costume! Though I guess most people over here would never ever get that reference and thought I´d be an Elephant-Man-Hobo.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
          Long Kiss Goodnight

Somehow I have never seen this before yesterday. Not sure if it's Harlin's best movie (Love Die Hard 2) but it's really fucking good. Sam L spitting Shane Black dialog is a delight. Geena Davis had some fucking TERRIFYING expressions going on, she should have had a string of legit action movies.
          I love that flick. I remember people here giving me a ton of shit for it too. Davis is great.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I think it is basically a run-by-the-mill action movie of the nineties, trying to establish Geena Davis as an action heroine with rather mediocre results.

However, Shane Black does elevate the material into definitely a very entertaining a rewatchable action movie. I like it! But Shane Black does make every dialog sing. Point in case: Last Boy Scout.

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
              Kill the Irishman - Fat Kilmer, Ray Stevenson, FatagainD'onofrio and Christopher Walken in a based on a true story tale. I would recommend this one as I really enjoyed it as a whole. Stevenson and D'onofrio both put on some good performances. D'onofrio's work here is so different from his Law & Order stuff that I actually want to see him work more like NAO. The thing that really grabbed me was how 70's this flick really felt. Not in that Hollywood OOOOOH look at me I'm the 70's bullshit. Somehow it felt authentic without shoving it in my face. And the actual news footage cut in didn't jar me like it normally would in most flicks. I don't know what rating scale we're officially going by anymore so I'll give it three and a half FatD'onofrio's out of five.
              I got this in my queue.

I also watched the 30 for 30 special about Michael Jordan playing baseball. Not really worth mentioning, other than the fact it was one more crazy thing in 1994.
              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• I heard somewhere that Jordan's whole baseball excursion was actually a ploy to get him out of his gambling charges...something about the fact that he would have been charged for illegal sports gambling (kinda like what Pete Rose did) if he had stayed in basketball, so he jumped ship to baseball until everything blew over.
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• BO KNOWS BASEBALL.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• That's mentioned in the documentary and while I have no fucking clue what went on. One guy mentions how its been nearly 20 years since that was speculated and nothing ever came of it.
                    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                      I heard somewhere that Jordan's whole baseball excursion was actually a ploy to get him out of his gambling charges...something about the fact that he would have been charged for illegal sports gambling (kinda like what Pete Rose did) if he had stayed in basketball, so he jumped ship to baseball until everything blew over.
                      It's certainly possibly, but more than likely another INSAAAAAAAAAANE NBA conspiracy. For whatever reason the NBA generates an incredible number of insane as fuck conspiracies. If you believe the part about him going to the minor leagues for gambling then you have to take the second half of the theory that his dad was murdered over MJ's gambling debts...but if anyone has money to pay his debts it's MJ.

Comment

• it wasn't about paying his debts, it was about the possible destruction of his basketball legacy. He saw what happened to Pete Rose and wanted to avoid it, and leaving basketball for a couple of years solved the problem. Playing baseball kept him in the public eye during his absence from basketball.

Again, it's just what I've heard.

Comment

• Toy Story 3. Dear, sweet lord. The crying. So much crying!
                          Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• The actual conspiracy that's been around since 1994 is that MJ had massive gambling debts, and the mobsters he owed it to killed his dad. David Stern told MJ after his dad's murder that he needed to be quiet, especially since it would be very possible for his dad's murder to be linked to a mob hit and then the link to MJ's (truly well known) gambling habits would be made by any half-ass journalist.

But again, for the second half to be legit, that means MJ got his dad killed because he couldn't pay debts...MJ had the money to pay ANY debt.

Comment

• A certain something I can't talk about until the 20th

Also, Horrible Bosses. I liked it, but I didn't love it. Bateman is only as strong as the script. Charlie Day continues to prove that he's better than most A-List Comedians.

Kevin Spacey is acting in vacuum, as everyone else makes him look like a chump.
                              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Charlie Day for the goddamn win.

Comment

Working...
                                X