Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolf Creek

Wasn't that supposed to be scary? It's a fucking Australian redneck who poorly kills people. It's not scary, it's funny.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• How funny?
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• As in bad enough it's funny.

Gladiator
        Goddamn do I love this movie. This is Ridley Scott firing on all cylinders. Crowe proving why he's a A-lister, Phoenix being as slimy as he can, RALPH MOELLER!, and the return of grandiose historical action movie.

EDIT: And that soundtrack. Lisa Gerrard kills on it. So often imitated, never equaled.
        Last edited by Martin; 06-25-2011, 07:29 PM.

Comment

• 'Cars 2 aka MATER FOR TWO FUCKING HOURS'

Terrible. Forget this shit about it being merely a subpar Pixar film...it's virtually unwatchable.

The good:
          - The scenery is gorgeous. Tokyo, in particular, is exceptionally well done. There's a scene where they're all driving through the middle of Tokyo and it's all lit up with neon...it reminded me of 'Akira' in a way. It was breathtaking.
          - The sound is great. The racing scenes are great and have that doppler effect going. Also, the spy shit sounds really cool.

The bad:
          Everything else.
          - Mater. It's a two hour fucking movie and it's 90% Mater. A little bit of Larry the Cable Guy goes a long way; he was a minor part of the first film so he really didn't bother me. Here, he's the main fucking character.
          - The plot. It's predictable, even for a 'children's film.
          - The pacing. It's all flat out with little room to breathe. That gets boring to me really, really quickly.

I could go on but I'm simply too pissed off right now. Fuck was this bad.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          Originally posted by Martin
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• That's what I feared. A whole Mater show. Kids love that fuckbag.

Comment

• Now I understand the review I read saying that the lead was a complete idiot. It's Mater!

Comment

• Fuckin Larry the Cable guy. When's he gonna die of a heart attack or something?

Comment

• When Andy Dick dies, aka NEVER
                  "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    'Cars 2 Synopsis: Terrible.
                    In other news, water is wet and the sun is hot.

This just in: women still be shoppin'.
                    Last edited by Captain Russ; 06-26-2011, 12:45 PM. Reason: HOT OFF THE PRESSESESESESESESESESESES
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                      In other news, water is wet and the sun is hot.

This just in: women still be shoppin'.
                      Any info on fuckin' magnets and how they work? This guy keeps bugging me about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                        Any info on fuckin' magnets and how they work? This guy keeps bugging me about it.

I love you. No homo.

Comment

• Hmmmm who was it that said "MATER'S NOT THAT BAD?" I won't name names but LULZ @ that guy.
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Watched Snuff: A Documentary About Killing on Camera yesterday. Pretty good, short documentary about the alleged existence of snuff films, especially the one that allegedly started it all - Snuff (originally Slaughter) from 1976. Also covered flicks like Cannibal Holocaust, Faces of Death, etc. all films where the deaths on screen were fake (trust me, when you see some of the scenes that folks back then were freaking out about, the footage wasn't just painfully obvious, it's almost quaint in comparison to today's horror effects), and alleges that a flick created by the Manson family back in the 60's existed and was real (there was a mention of the Tate-LaBianca murders was filmed by the murderers as well, but the film was confiscated during the trials and will never see the light of day).

A fascinating documentary, and a good subject for Iggy to start a horror thread about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                              'Cars 2 aka MATER FOR TWO FUCKING HOURS'

Terrible. Forget this shit about it being merely a subpar Pixar film...it's virtually unwatchable.

The good:
                              - The scenery is gorgeous. Tokyo, in particular, is exceptionally well done. There's a scene where they're all driving through the middle of Tokyo and it's all lit up with neon...it reminded me of 'Akira' in a way. It was breathtaking.
                              - The sound is great. The racing scenes are great and have that doppler effect going. Also, the spy shit sounds really cool.

The bad:
                              Everything else.
                              - Mater. It's a two hour fucking movie and it's 90% Mater. A little bit of Larry the Cable Guy goes a long way; he was a minor part of the first film so he really didn't bother me. Here, he's the main fucking character.
                              - The plot. It's predictable, even for a 'children's film.
                              - The pacing. It's all flat out with little room to breathe. That gets boring to me really, really quickly.

I could go on but I'm simply too pissed off right now. Fuck was this bad.
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Adjustment Bureau.

Good movie! Though I did laugh afterwards while I saw it touted as "Bourne meets Inception". What a moronic way to describe that movie ensuring disappointed morons. The script is actually pretty great up until the last act where it looses it´s balls and goes for a cop-out instead of going the whole nine yards.

Damon continues to be one of the best leading man in Hollywood though.

Comment

Working...
                                X