Superman Returns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superman Returns

I enjoy this film, but I don't love it like I do the first 2 Chris Reeve flicks. The pacing is all off (I guess that's what happens when your editor is also your composer), the ending is one large drag, Supes seems kinda like a stalker/jealous ex, I hate the idea of Supes having a son, and the whole "Superman leaves Earth to see if there's anything left of Krypton" idea is just plain weak. But there is some great moments in the film that makes me hope for a sequel.

So, the news is that Bryan Singer may still be attatched to another Superman film. I don't really have a problem with that, as long as we get X-Men 2 quality. Here's the problem I have, keeping that fuckin' kid in the flick. So I don't see Returns becoming completely ignored ala Ang Lee's The Hulk, and I really wouldn't want that anyways. So what can be done to fit Returns into continutiy, while getting rid of the kid? Here's my idea:

Superman never left Earth to go seek out Krypton. Instead, he is being held captive by Brainiac aboard Brainiac's ship. To keep Superman down, Brainiac has been keeping him in a coma. Hell, if that's too much like "it was all a dream", make it so Brainiac is not just holding Superman, but projecting the idea that he has a son into his brain. The new movie could start with Supes son and Lois being killed, and while Supes is in a coma believing all this to be real, it starts over again, kinda likes Supes own Groundhog day. Brainiac keeps projecting the same events that happened in Return into Supes head in an endless loop, while he attacks Earth. Eventually Superman wakes up, and reigns hell down on Brainiac. Oviously, i wouldn't want Superman to be in a coma too long, and after he beats down Brainiac, I don't know what kinda plot could be used, but I would love it if something like this was done.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Re: Superman Returns

OMG.

A Superman Groundhog Day would be great. Especially if he just started fucking with people because he knew the day would start over. We could get "superdick Superman" ala Superman 3 again. That would be great. I also think there needs to be Polar Bears and a Giant Mechanical Spider.......
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Polar bears and spiders. Do you work for Warner Bros? Superman Groundhog Day would be awesome, we could watch as he begins to loose his mind, slowly becoming aware that he's living the same time period over and over, until he destroys everything and finally wakes up.

Comment

I've got another idea...perhaps, just perhaps the kid is technically not Superman's, follow me here. Lois was actually knocked up by her douchebag husband Richard White, but decided to have a fling with Clark. So Lois is already pregnant, feels ugly and needs a good old fashion fucking. So she goes out with Clark blows, him and drinks his super sperm. He then fucks her raw and deposits the abovementioned super sperm. The sperm is so strong it penetrates the embryo and gives the kid super powers. I know it didn't happen but at least this way we can justify the kid....
        BTW, I would really like to put it to Kate Bosworth, she is smoking.
        Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

FAIL. Kate Bosworth = needs to eat some fucking sammichs

Plus, she ruined that movie.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Oh, Bryan. Always got super sperm on the mind.

Comment

http://www.bamkapow.com/gallery.phtml?gk=9

Hilarious. And people had an issue with "emo Parker".

Imagine if this actually would have been shot.

Comment

I thought emo Parker was kinda cool....my kid tried to make his hair like Peter's after he saw the movie. He thought Venom Parker was badass....I guess everything is better when you're 4 years old

Comment

I had no issues with SP3 except for the shoehorning in of Venom. "Emo-Peter" was fantastic I thought. Most people didn't get what Raimi was going for there and automatically hated it. Although I still stand by my assertion that Topher Grace would have made a way better Spider-Man than Tobey anyday.

Comment

Tobey's defining moment was when he was hitch hiking in Fear and Loathing...

Comment

Oh god yes.

Comment

You ever read the JJ Abrams script. Jesus fuck.

EDIT: I need to post faster

Comment

Yep. Ever read the Kevin Smith script?

Comment

I would like to see the KS script...got a link to that?

Comment

http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_s...es-script.html

Comment

Working...
                              X