Iron Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iron Man

You see the supposed pic of Cap's shield over at CHUD? Crazy!
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Yeah, I'm thinking that this is getting ridiculous. Until I see a HD screenshot, I'm inclined to agree with Devin. But that would be pretty fucking neat.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

It looks like the lighting is making the star effect in the middle, but it's seems to be a very odd coincidence.
        Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
        John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

"At some point in the comics, Tony made a shield for Cap. It's just an
          acknowledgment that Iron Man isn't the only hero in this Marvel
          Universe (and an easter egg for us comic geeks). We put that in late in
          the show and the Marvel guys just happen to be there when we showed the
          director. They went nuts when the saw it. "

From an ILM employee on a different comic forum board...So yep, that's his shield alright.

http://www.thecomicforums.com/forum2...=131774&st=150
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by blainegarrett
            Originally posted by Ari
            Still, these are small nitpicks in an otherwise fantastic film.
            I agree. This film was awesome in 99% of the case, which I think has been the rating on most sites.

As an aside, one feminist had high hopes on its war commentary, and while she admits it did do that somewhat well, she otherwise thought it was a racist, sexist, tirade... go figure. http://profbw.wordpress.com/2008/05/...some-spoilers/

I will admit that I knew little about Iron Man, but I did sorta know that the token black guy in the comic was WarMachine. While watching the movie, I was like "token black guy in comic.... token black guy in movie.... that must be war machine"... I dunno if I would go as far as to say that the movie was racist for that reason. But shit, do you ever watch movies from the 70s/80s? You rarely have the token minority thing... (thinking DC Cab, the Warriors, etc). I dunno, maybe shit is getting more segregated (BET *cough*).

See I don't get the "token black guy" comparison for his character. I mean yes he was black, but his character wasn't one dimensional at all. In fact, I thought he was pretty well fleshed out for the most part (seeing as he's a secondary character). Now if you want to talk racism how abotu the whole "brown people= terrorist" angle. I mean, it made sense as that's who we are at war with, but I hope if they bring The Mandarian to the front that we get a green skinned fu-manchu asian with long fingernails and a kimono.

Comment

Wow the shield pick up is key...I think I'm going to see IRONMAN again this week at the Arclight Cineramadome.
              Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

http://chud.com/articles/articles/16...INE/Page1.html

Terrence out, Don Cheadle in. This should make the sequel a bit more interesting. Although I really dug Terrence in the first one.

Comment

He was ok in the first, but didn't have too much to do. Sounds like the role is going to be greatly expanded in the next one.
                  Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                  Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                  POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Exactly. Terrence could be like Gary Oldman in Batman. But now we have Don. Which means I'll be picturing Buck Swope in the War Machine suit.

Comment

And that's bad????

Comment

I just don't think he has the size to sell the suit. He's not very imposing.

Comment

Downey is not a big dude.

Comment

But Iron Man is different than WAR MACHINE. Maybe it's just the name, but I still can't see Don as War Machine. But I am looking forward to the quips back and forth between the two. I dunno, this isn't like replacing Katie Holmes in Batman. I just really dig Terrence.

Comment

It would be awesome if Cheadle played Rhodes just like Fender Rhodes from Ocean's 13.

Comment

Haha. That would indeed be pretty funny.

Comment

Working...
                                X