No announcement yet.

Does the "guilty pleasure movie" exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like 'Highlander' because I find the concept cool, I like Clancy Brown's Kurgan, I like the Scottish scenery, and I like the Queen soundtrack. I know that Lambert is bad in it, I know that Roxanne Hart is a terrible actress, I know that the swordplay is subpar, I know that there are huge plotholes in it...none of that BAD stuff outweighs the fact that the GOOD stuff is really fucking cool in it.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    Originally posted by Martin
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Originally posted by PAULINE KAEL View Post
      Freddy Got Fingered is the first attempt to redefine the Arthouse film in context of the ADD MTV Generation.

Slipping a skewed look at stunted adulthood into a trope about finding one's way, allows for a rudimentary look at fucked sexual relations.

Tom Green should be given a medal for making 13 year olds watch Rip Torn get covered in elephant jizz.

If you want to read more into a movie that has elephant jizz, canings, Anthony Michael Hall more power to you. The best thing about the movie was that a major studio gave him the money to do it. Parts were entertaining, but this movie is not great in my opinion. It felt like a missed opportunity. But I do enjoy: "LOOK AT MY HOOVES!"

But then again, I like Hackers.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

You're not helping.
        Was not really trying. I agree that people use "guilty pleasure" as a cop out, but you already said Hackers is a shit movie so how much real discussion do you think can take place after that? And honestly I'm not a film critic so sometime, just sometimes, I could give fuck all what others think about a movie. If I am entertained the that's enough for me.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
          If you want to read more into a movie that has elephant jizz, canings, Anthony Michael Hall more power to you. The best thing about the movie was that a major studio gave him the money to do it. Parts were entertaining, but this movie is not great in my opinion. It felt like a missed opportunity. But I do enjoy: "LOOK AT MY HOOVES!"

But then again, I like Hackers.

You're still wrong for liking I Love You, Man.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

The same could be said for liking Freddy Got Fingered. Pretty much anything with Tom Green in it makes me want to pull a Michael Douglas from Falling Down.
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
              The same could be said for liking Freddy Got Fingered. Pretty much anything with Tom Green in it makes me want to pull a Michael Douglas from Falling Down.
              No, Pauline has dubbed Freddy a "good" movie. You are wrong Ed.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

You're wrong, too.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

Originally posted by B_MetalSucks View Post

CORRECT!

Comment

CORRECT!
                    YAY! I R WINNAR!!

Comment

But can we at least agree that Tom Green sucks the chrome off a trailer hitch.

Comment

Originally posted by B_MetalSucks View Post
                        Actually, he called it a great movie. So you're both WRONG!
                        We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                        - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I'd request a moritorium on the Kevin Spacey WRONG! macro. However, John McClaughlin is allowed.

Comment

You're still wrong for liking I Love You, Man.

Was it great? No. But we laughed. It was a "safe Apatow wannabe" flick. It was carried by Rudd and Seagal. Take those two out and I wouldn't have been a fan. Could it have been better? Of course, but for what it was it was a funny movie, IMO.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I'd request a moritorium on the Kevin Spacey WRONG! macro. However, John McClaughlin is allowed.

I would prefer John McLaughlin. I'd make him my avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                                Was it great? No. But we laughed. It was a "safe Apatow wannabe" flick. It was carried by Rudd and Seagal. Take those two out and I wouldn't have been a fan. Could it have been better? Of course, but for what it was it was a funny movie.

I disagree with your reasoning from the podcaust. Not here.

Comment

Working...
                                X