Scott Pilgrim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russ View Post
    If he had balls, he wouldn't have used restraint when cleaning up the fucking village.

Tequila (the Alpha Male badass motherfucker that Nicholas Angel was based on) didn't. I mean, he saved that fucking baby in the hospital because he was probably not a complete bastard and that fat little bundle had its whole life ahead of it, but those old cockbags tormenting Nick were evil pieces of shit SHOOTING AT HIM AND TRYING TO KILL EVERYTHING THAT WAS IN ANYWAY A THREAT TO THEIR LIVES. Murderous prigs, the lot of 'em.

Fuck them. They made their choice to risk violent behavior for the sake of a fucking community award. Vapid twats, the lot of 'em.

Angel should've been a little less of a pussymagician and kicked their old, sagging dicks in the dirt with buckshot.

Yeah, I typed sociopathic shit just now. But I think it is exactly how Edward Woodward would have wanted it.

Wright went bitchboy with Fuzz, and I am apparently not here to make friends anymore...
    I thought the entire premise with the end fight was that it was a British action cop movie complete with the whole "not killing people" thing, compared to an American action cop movie that would have had a gigantic body count.
    "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
    *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

It being a confluence of both British inaction and American action, I guess I shouldn't have expected anything completely unrestrained.

But the point still stands that the movie is inconsistent in tone and the ending is tame as all hell.

Sorry, but when a fucking steeple lands on someone's torso, I expect more than slaps on the fucking wrist in reprisal.

Angel is still a pussymagician.

We can all move on to how hilariously stiff Michael Cera is in a fight now, and how he has already been upstaged by one minute against Chris "It's a banana split" Evans.
      Last edited by Captain Russ; 06-06-2010, 09:40 PM.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

It being a confluence of both British inaction and American action, I guess I shouldn't have expected anything completely unrestrained.

But the point still stands that the movie is inconsistent in tone and the ending is tame as all hell.

Sorry, but when a fucking steeple lands on someone's torso, I expect more than slaps on the fucking wrist in reprisal.

Angel is still a pussymagician.
        You probably should have watched a not-British COMEDY (oh hey, look at all of that emphasis) then.

Steeples through heads is good gross-out splatstick comedy. Old people getting sucking chest wounds and holes in their faces en masse isn't.

And that clip is golden.
        sigpic
        360: JohnnyChopsocky PSN: Stud_Beefpile

Comment

Shaun is the best Wright film. And not just because Bernard Black gets devoured into nonexistence.
          That would have never happened to the real Bernard Black. I would know. I am him. He is me.
          The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Shake View Post
            You probably should have watched a not-British action movie instead of a British COMEDY (oh hey, look at all of that emphasis) then.
            My previous post seemed to be missing some key words, so here they are.

I still stand by my 'gorey splatstick is funny, old people being shot to death isn't' point.
            sigpic
            360: JohnnyChopsocky PSN: Stud_Beefpile

Comment

So you're giving a pass to a seemingly decent gardener getting eviscerated right in front of the audience's eyes, but when it comes to Ken Cranham or Belloc, there shouldn't be something beside a rap on the goddamn hand (or face, in Cranham's case)?

The film has its cake and eats it too with that ending. And its bullshit. And it would have amended that retarded Looney Toons bombing by Edward Woodward (seriously, the dude deserved a better end than that).

There's no convincing me that it didn't shit the bed in this regard and I was disappointed that Wright didn't follow through completely, as he did with Shaun (which stuck to its genre guns).
              Last edited by Captain Russ; 06-07-2010, 07:33 AM.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

I concur. I appreciate it but would rather watch Spaced or Shaun anyday.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

But I think that stems from the fact I'm not a huge fan of cop movies/shows and said sendups of cop movies/shows.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

That's probably it, I loved the holy hell out of Fuzz. I fucking cheered during that Point Break homage.

Also, there's a Scott Pilgrim clip over at MTV.com. This is going to be a strange movie.
                    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                      Also, there's a Scott Pilgrim clip over at MTV.com.
                      Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                      Hey, look at that.
                      "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                      *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                        But I think that stems from the fact I'm not a huge fan of cop movies/shows and said sendups of cop movies/shows.
                        I think this is the big dividing line. Dudes who like zombie movies more generally prefer SHAUN while dudes who like cop movies more prefer HOT FUZZ.

Comment

I love them both, but Shaun hits more "personal" beats with the love story than the hilariously homo-erotic relationship in Hot Fuzz. Still, you never go wrong watching them back to back.

Comment

Actually, the homoeroticism is even funnier when you learn that the part of Danny was originally written as a female, according to Edgar in the commentary.

Shines a whole new light on the scene right before they watch the DVD's.

Comment

Hell yes. That's what makes the relationship to me, to know that at some point a hot love scene was to kick off.

Comment

River City Canananada:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3...pilgrim/101186
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X