No announcement yet.

Scott Pilgrim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NO HE FUCKING DID NOT GO BITCHBOY WITH THE END OF HOT FUZZ. THAT WAS GREAT. WHAT THE FUCK, RUSSELL. I DRINK BECAUSE OF YOU
    "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
    *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Hot Fuzz is good but I don't find myself ever wanting to watch it.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

If he had balls, he wouldn't have used restraint when cleaning up the fucking village.

Tequila (the Alpha Male badass motherfucker that Nicholas Angel was based on) didn't. I mean, he saved that fucking baby in the hospital because he was probably not a complete bastard and that fat little bundle had its whole life ahead of it, but those old cockbags tormenting Nick were evil pieces of shit SHOOTING AT HIM AND TRYING TO KILL EVERYTHING THAT WAS IN ANYWAY A THREAT TO THEIR LIVES. Murderous prigs, the lot of 'em.

Fuck them. They made their choice to risk violent behavior for the sake of a fucking community award. Vapid twats, the lot of 'em.

Angel should've been a little less of a pussymagician and kicked their old, sagging dicks in the dirt with buckshot.

Yeah, I typed sociopathic shit just now. But I think it is exactly how Edward Woodward would have wanted it.

Wright went bitchboy with Fuzz, and I am apparently not here to make friends anymore...
        Last edited by Captain Russ; 06-05-2010, 05:47 PM.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
          If he had balls, he wouldn't have used restraint when cleaning up the fucking village.

Tequila (the Alpha Male badass motherfucker that Nicholas Angel was based on) didn't. I mean, he saved that fucking baby in the hospital because he was probably not a complete bastard and that fat little bundle had its whole life ahead of it, but those old cockbags tormenting Nick were evil pieces of shit SHOOTING AT HIM AND TRYING TO KILL EVERYTHING THAT WAS IN ANYWAY A THREAT TO THEIR LIVES. Murderous prigs, the lot of 'em.

Fuck them. They made their choice to risk violent behavior for the sake of a fucking community award. Vapid twats, the lot of 'em.

Angel should've been a little less of a pussymagician and kicked their old, sagging dicks in the dirt with buckshot.

Yeah, I typed sociopathic shit just now. But I think it is exactly how Edward Woodward would have wanted it.

Wright went bitchboy with Fuzz, and I am apparently not here to make friends anymore...
          Rep this man...

or risk my wrath.

Comment

Man what. Angel lived by a code to be responsible and not kill fuckers all willy-nilly. He'd seen enough shit in London that he wanted to stay tough on crime but didn't want to be all Cobra. You guys are nuts. HOT FUZZ is the best Wright movie.

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
            Not sure what constitutes as spoilers, so I'm being careful anyways...

Spoiler: spoilers 
            I really hope they don't make it and he gets with Lisa Miller. Ramona is totally not right for him and I think he'll learn this but also learn something about himself in the process. THE MORE YOU KNOW
            I'll bet you five dollars right now that
              Spoiler: book vs. movie endgame 
            In the movie Scott stays with Ramona and in the book he goes back to Kim Pine. Focus groups FTL

Comment

I thought that:

Spoiler: spoilers 
              he'd go with Kim forever, until I re-read the books. Now I don't think that because it goes against her character that has been presented. It's more of a bro/sister dynamic at this point, at least that's how I read into it.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Spoiler: continued 
                Really? I guess I've only read book five once but I remember getting the distinct jealously vibe from Kim rather than a protective sister thing. Especially after Ramona and Scott move in together. I'll have to re-read the book.

Comment

I could be wrong, but either way at least we're sorta on the same page.

Comment

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                    Man what. Angel lived by a code to be responsible and not kill fuckers all willy-nilly. He'd seen enough shit in London that he wanted to stay tough on crime but didn't want to be all Cobra. You guys are nuts. HOT FUZZ is the best Wright movie.
                    In England (and after this fucked up Derrick Bird business), I'm pretty sure that his raiding the arsenal of confiscated weaponry would be looked as a justification for going beyond the use of non-lethal force to handle the situation.

It's fucking bullshit he went all Carebear with FUCKING GUNS.

He could have used a fucking airsoft and those old codgers would have fallen down crying.

Shaun is the best Wright film. And not just because Bernard Black gets devoured into nonexistence.
                    Last edited by Captain Russ; 06-05-2010, 10:37 PM.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

The fact that there was a big gunfight in which nobody died and all the bad people got arrested is probably the most British thing of all in the film and thus why it's damn funny. Y'know, because Hot Fuzz is primarily a COMEDY and thus tries to skew more towards the 'what would be a funnier way for this to play out' school of writing.
                      sigpic
                      360: JohnnyChopsocky PSN: Stud_Beefpile

Comment

Shaun is the best Wright film. And not just because Bernard Black gets devoured into nonexistence.
                        I love Hot Fuzz, but... he's so right.
                        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

TOTALLY SOLD.

Comment

Was about to post the same. OMFGSKEEEWANT. Scott Pilgrim - the first good video game movie.

Comment

AAAAAAAAAAAGODDAMNIT
                              "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                              *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

YEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH.

I like how they're mixing it up a bit from the books. Also, love the juxtaposition of Michael Cera as a kung-fu badass because I don't really but Scott as a kung-fu badass in the books.

Comment

Working...
                                X