Random Shit Dealing With Comics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
    Shouldn't that be Aquaman (DC) fucking their mom instead of Namor (Marvel), Troy?

Faux pas, my friend. Faux pas.
    I was wondering when someone who would try to correct it.

It's a joke about Marvel dunking on DC. Because DC Publishing is literally 2 years or less away from folding.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Ah! Then the faux pas is mine! Well played, sir!

DC's comics arm has seemed to be crapping out for awhile now. Writing's been on the wall for me since they decided to push Batman over all their other properties, and his storylines are a mess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
        Ah! Then the faux pas is mine! Well played, sir!

DC's comics arm has seemed to be crapping out for awhile now. Writing's been on the wall for me since they decided to push Batman over all their other properties, and his storylines are a mess.
        AT&T fucked up DC and WB so bad that it's going to be 2030 before their shit gets set straight.

If the new Discovery Media heads at WB had their shit together, they'd already be suing AT&T.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          BUT HE IS A GAY MAN DEALING WITH GAY MEN THINGS LIKE DATING AN ALIEN WITH SUPER POWERS AND HAVING A SUPER POWERED DAD TROY.
          He's bi Rob. So he can superfuck everyone
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Now that's a power!
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• With Superspeed I'd imagine that he could actually switch between both his gf and bf without them noticing.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Honestly, I'm waiting for the issue where the Westboro Baptist Church shows up.

Clark Kent is from Kansas.

What is fucking stupid about all of this is they have an upcoming issue where Superteen, his boyfriend and Aquaman protest to keep the oceans clean.

It's like you have a Demigod and the King of the Seven Seas, you can do a little more than protest. Virtue signaling in comics always plays dumb.

Comment

• It’s okay, maybe they can dish for half a comic at the local food truck about how they’re making a difference by raising awareness.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                    It’s okay, maybe they can dish for half a comic at the local food truck about how they’re making a difference by raising awareness.
                    If DC could give Jared from Subway a comic guest spot, then why not? It's not like DC Comics aren't selling at a historic low or anything.

Comment

• Read Astro City #47-48 this morning, and I'm still a fucking wreck over it. You'll cry your eyes out (like I did).

One of these days that's gonna be an HBO series and people are going to devour it. We don't deserve Busiek.
                      Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 07-09-2022, 01:08 PM.
                      Originally posted by Ari
                      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                        Read Astro City #47-48 this morning, and I'm still a fucking wreck over it. You'll cry your eyes out (like I did).

One of these days that's gonna be an HBO series and people are going to devour it. We don't deserve Busiek.
                        G-Dog had a good story. But, Aftermaths is probably the last collection of stories we're getting out of Astro City for awhile if not ever.

Perez dying among other people took a lot out of Busiek.

I still remember when HBO was kicking around doing an Astro City show back in the Sopranos heyday, but passed due to lack of interest. It's one of those WHAT IFs scenarios.

Comment

• Hi guys:

I'm looking at selling my collection and I'd like to solicit some advice
                          - what's the best source to gauge value? I've found some sites but a lot of them seem incomplete OR require a fee to create an account and look up values. I've been trying to find stuff on eBay, both current listings and sold listings, but not everything that I have is on there.
                          - what's the best way to gauge condition?
                          - what's the best way to sell these? I'd prefer to sell the whole collection in one go but I know I wouldn't get top dollar if I did that. However, I don't know if I have the patience to do this piecemeal or not. I have a lot of $100+ issues in there, a ton of stuff in the $25-$99 range, and a butt load in the $10-$24 range. Most of it is in the cover price to $5 range, though.

I'm currently putting together an Excel sheet of everything that I have. I've got a guy at TheRealReal who is very interested in my collection and that might be the way to go. Commission is 85% on comics that sell for $100+ and I'm not sure on the rate for things under $100 (I'm waiting for his reply). I'm also curious as to how long they would keep these at prices before dropping them or offering discounts and such. I'm not in a massive hurry to sell these (I've been sitting on them for 30+ years) so I am content putting an item up for sale and letting it sit for a year until it sells, whereas TheRealReal wants to constantly sell stuff.

Anyways...I'd appreciate any advice.
                          Thanks!
                          Originally posted by Martin
                          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                          Originally posted by gravedigger
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                            Hi guys:

I'm looking at selling my collection and I'd like to solicit some advice
                            - what's the best source to gauge value? I've found some sites but a lot of them seem incomplete OR require a fee to create an account and look up values. I've been trying to find stuff on eBay, both current listings and sold listings, but not everything that I have is on there.
                            - what's the best way to gauge condition?
                            - what's the best way to sell these? I'd prefer to sell the whole collection in one go but I know I wouldn't get top dollar if I did that. However, I don't know if I have the patience to do this piecemeal or not. I have a lot of $100+ issues in there, a ton of stuff in the $25-$99 range, and a butt load in the $10-$24 range. Most of it is in the cover price to $5 range, though.

I'm currently putting together an Excel sheet of everything that I have. I've got a guy at TheRealReal who is very interested in my collection and that might be the way to go. Commission is 85% on comics that sell for $100+ and I'm not sure on the rate for things under $100 (I'm waiting for his reply). I'm also curious as to how long they would keep these at prices before dropping them or offering discounts and such. I'm not in a massive hurry to sell these (I've been sitting on them for 30+ years) so I am content putting an item up for sale and letting it sit for a year until it sells, whereas TheRealReal wants to constantly sell stuff.

Anyways...I'd appreciate any advice.
                            Thanks!
                            If you have the Excel sheet, I can tell you what will move and what won't.

Most serious collectors are going to want shit CGC graded and slabbed. I'm not one of them. But, spend a chunk of time getting a good buyer than just trying to price everything out. Because odds are, 40% of it won't sell for shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post

If you have the Excel sheet, I can tell you what will move and what won't.

Most serious collectors are going to want shit CGC graded and slabbed. I'm not one of them. But, spend a chunk of time getting a good buyer than just trying to price everything out. Because odds are, 40% of it won't sell for shit.
                              I'll get you the Excel sheet once I'm done with it. I'm still going through my boxes now.
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Sold off my long boxes a couple of years ago and barely broke even. Like Troy said, the big draw is CGC graded books, and I never got onboard that train. Good luck, though!

Comment

Working...
                                X