No announcement yet.

Random Shit Dealing With Comics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started reading Doomsday Clock. (Watchmen sequel). Not entirely sure what I think so far. Only 4 issues in. IT's weird seeing Batman/Lex in a Watchmen comic.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Reading the original run of Generation X. Still have a few of the books in a long box but not sure if I ever got around to reading them back in the day. Enjoying it so far. Forgot how much i dug the Chamber character.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• That new Punisher series with Zemo is pretty neat so far. Only like 7 issues in but I'm pretty entertained.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          That new Punisher series with Zemo is pretty neat so far. Only like 7 issues in but I'm pretty entertained.

It squanders the premise pretty fast. Seems to be a hallmark of that writer. Opens super strong and then nothing.

His recent X-run was like that.

Speaking of X books. Chamber is back in New Mutants starting up. Jonathan Hickman (the guy who had most of his creations used for Infinity War) is heading up the X Books now and is a fan of Chamber and Mondo, so they're back.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• The X Books with the exception of Fallen Angels are just amazing.

Just flat out amazing. It's interesting what the FOX stuff going back to Disney can do.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

started reading Doomsday Clock. (Watchmen sequel). Not entirely sure what I think so far. Only 4 issues in. IT's weird seeing Batman/Lex in a Watchmen comic.
              Read the first 8 issues as that's all that is up on the DC app. I really fucking dig it though. It's a nice alt companion to the Watchmen tv show.

The stuff with Joker and villains in the subway tunnel was great if only because I was picturing Jeffrey Dean Morgan picking those fuckers off.

Wish they would release books quicker though.

Comment

Read the first 8 issues as that's all that is up on the DC app. I really fucking dig it though. It's a nice alt companion to the Watchmen tv show.

The stuff with Joker and villains in the subway tunnel was great if only because I was picturing Jeffrey Dean Morgan picking those fuckers off.

Wish they would release books quicker though.

The series ended in a way that made me appreciate the HBO show way more. While the comic feels true in the DC sense, it feels in the long run like Geoff Johns trying to clap for himself and beat off at the same time.

Comment

• watched this doc this weekend. Was pretty interesting.

I knew the dude made some characters. I had no idea he made SO many characters.

Comment

watched this doc this weekend. Was pretty interesting.

I knew the dude made some characters. I had no idea he made SO many characters.
                    That's Chris Claremont. He's literally the comic version of George Lucas. Involved in so much great shit in the 70s and 80s, then lost the fans from that point on. He's also the guy I yelled at when I was a teenager in my story from one of the old podcasts.

Comment

• Superman's son is gay now and the world will never be the same . /s

the angry tweets about this are pretty funny...

Comment

Superman's son is gay now and the world will never be the same . /s

the angry tweets about this are pretty funny...
                        He could be green and shoot fire out of his asshole. It's still not going to sell books.

Comment

• BUT HE IS A GAY MAN DEALING WITH GAY MEN THINGS LIKE DATING AN ALIEN WITH SUPER POWERS AND HAVING A SUPER POWERED DAD TROY.

Comment

• WHAT A COMPLETELY ORGANIC BIT OF STORYTELLING I WILL NOW BUY YOUR SHITPRODUCT, COMPANY IN FLUX
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                              WHAT A COMPLETELY ORGANIC BIT OF STORYTELLING I WILL NOW BUY YOUR SHITPRODUCT, COMPANY IN FLUX
                              Spoken like a publishing company that is so far underwater that Namor is fucking their mom.

Comment

• Shouldn't that be Aquaman (DC) fucking their mom instead of Namor (Marvel), Troy?

Faux pas, my friend. Faux pas.

Comment

Working...
                                X