No announcement yet.

The Great Hullabaloo: BOOKS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I recently finished The Post American World by Fareed Zakaria. Interesting take on globalization and how America, much like the UK has to get used to the fact there's going to be other global powers around.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
      Laurence *is* a sailor. Just sayin'.
      I know, making it worse.

Comment

• @Ed: How was GUYLAND, by the way? I thought I had asked you that, but you were reading that ages ago.
        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• GUYLAND was fucking great, I loved the shit out of that book. A great work on to how the whole "Frat Culture" somehow exploded.

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
            Curious. Were you re-reading or was this your first time reading Little Women?
            First time reading it. I know how it ends, so it's not like I'm Joey and have to put the book in the freezer...Still, thought it was about time I read it.
            Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• If you loved 'The Thing'... and I know you did, then you'll either find this interesting or pretty fucking cool.

http://clarkesworldmagazine.com/watts_01_10/

Comment

• I'm giving up on Temeraire. It went from dragon bestiality to being way too erotic about what was thought to be a 12 year old but (seemingly disappointingly) is actually a female. I ordered the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo from Amazon.

Comment

• Working on The War Within by Bob Woodward. Depressing.
                  Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                  Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                  POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Finished Girl With The Dragon Tattoo last night. Really enjoyed it. The resolution to the mystery was pretty satisfying. I was worried the book would shit the bed at the end, but luckily it had a pretty plausible answer. Starting on The Girl Who Played With Fire tonight.

Comment

• I got The Politican aka the expose on John Edwards in transit. So I expect some real scumbag details and interesting stories

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                        Finished Girl With The Dragon Tattoo last night. Really enjoyed it. The resolution to the mystery was pretty satisfying. I was worried the book would shit the bed at the end, but luckily it had a pretty plausible answer. Starting on The Girl Who Played With Fire tonight.
                        The wife just started book 3. Loves it.
                        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Yea, book 3 hit my porch yesterday. Luckily the film is still playing here in Houston. Hoping to go see it Saturday.

Comment

• Film is great BTW, just a real good mystery.

Comment

• Plunging headfirst into Stark territory.

On the strength of The Hunter, I picked up Man with the Getaway Face, and The Outfit.

Parker (as has been said since his inception) is a fucking ruthless bastard.

A fucking ruthless bastard who also happens to be awesome.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I got the new Bob Howard book: The Fuller Memorendum, by Charles Stross.

For those who don't know. the Bob Howards book are a mix of Office Space, James Bond and HP LOVECRAFT.

yeah, it's as great as it sounds. Light and awesome.
                                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                                X