No announcement yet.

The Great Hullabaloo: BOOKS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll get on it after I finish my current reading. Sounds neat.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I never remember about the Amazon link until after I pull the trigger on a purchase. Damnit. Just put a damn sticky note on my work monitor. Now to remember to do it on the home one too.
      We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
      - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Yeah, Everything Matters! is real good. I don't want to spoil shit, so I'll just leave it at that.
        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• I never remember the Amazon link because I think of something in a drive thru, or filling up with gas, or laying in bed, and I grab my iPhone, open the app and spend too much money. :-/ I could probably pay for all of Rob's drinking for a year with about 3 months of my purchases.

Comment

• Right now, I'm reading this very intently...

http://www.archive.org/stream/onlyap...ge/n0/mode/1up

Comment

• "The ONLY APPROVED GUIDE Through All The Stages Of A Quarrel."

Fantastic. I think I am going to have to print this at work tomorrow to read too.......
              We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

• 'Little Women'. I decided it was time I read some classics and I started with this. Up next is 'The Once and Future King'.
                Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by ingrid View Post
                  'Little Women'. I decided it was time I read some classics and I started with this. Up next is 'The Once and Future King'.
                  I thought both of those books were very good.

Comment

• Originally posted by ingrid View Post
                    'Little Women'. I decided it was time I read some classics and I started with this. Up next is 'The Once and Future King'.
                    Curious. Were you re-reading or was this your first time reading Little Women?

Comment

• Finish Return of the Crimson Guard. Really liked it, as a non-Erikson book. Loved the Seguleh.

I'm into Bruce Campbell If Chins Could Kill. So far so good. Next up: Anathem or House of Leaves. I really don't know.
                      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• House of Leaves. No, Anathem. No, House of Leaves. No, Anathem.

*hint, you can't go wrong with either choice*

Comment

• I'm having a hard time with the Temeraire books. They have sections that are pretty interesting then it has Laurence (and every time his name is said all I think is "only faggots and sailors are named Laurence") say some shit like "I could not bear the thought of you sleeping alone, and I prefer your warmth to any bed" and it's said to a fucking dragon.

Comment

• That's just wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                              I'm having a hard time with the Temeraire books. They have sections that are pretty interesting then it has Laurence (and every time his name is said all I think is "only faggots and sailors are named Laurence") say some shit like "I could not bear the thought of you sleeping alone, and I prefer your warmth to any bed" and it's said to a fucking dragon.
                              Laurence *is* a sailor. Just sayin'. Also, I totally picked up the vibe that the author likes to sleep with pets (and by sleep, I mean fuck).

Comment

• If Chins Could Kill is a helluva lot of fun.

Still trying to finish Houellebecq's PLATFORM, the bus has been so packed this week that I haven't been able to sit down and crack a book.
                                "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                                *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Working...
                                X