No announcement yet.

The Great Hullabaloo: BOOKS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty clear that if Jake had lived in NYC at that time. He wouldn't have been mugged and then he and Rollins would tour together.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Yeah, Jake would've been fine. I would've been kidnapped by Lou Reed and shat on.
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Excerpt from the Diary of Patti Smith:
        "That one musclebound dipshit crashing on the couch keeps trying to fuck me. Trying to decide whether to give in or have Lou Reed stab him to death with used needles while he's asleep."
        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Funny, I'd always envision Joe Strummer and myself going out for tacos.

Comment

Reading Boneshaker at the moment. Not that far into it, but digging it so far.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I started Tokyo Vice last night. I'm going to storm through it, I can already tell.

Comment

A bunch of Amy Hempel's short stories. Holy shit, she can write.

EDIT: Shoulda grabbed Tokyo Vice - keep me posted 'cause I'm gonna get it on my next library run.
                Last edited by Shit Dickface; 04-13-2010, 03:07 PM. Reason: asdfasdf
                "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~

Comment

Been reading Guiermo Del Toro's The Strain, I haven't read a good action book in years. (Matthew Reily can just fuck right off in my book)

Book is an extremely breezy read.

Comment

Is it true that some of the passages come off as sorta wonky? Chris Olson from CHUD told me about one line that was just cringe-inducingly awful.

~

Comment

• Which line was that?

Besides, I got it from the library. So it's not costing me money.

Also, because I never read it: Farenheit 451

Comment

• Something about the turbines on the plane. I think it was a pretty heavy-handed pop culture reference, but I could be wrong. AH FORGOT

~

Comment

• Shit, I didn't come across anything like that. Granted I was reading fairly quickly. Anything involving the Marlyn Manson esque rocker cracked me up.

Plus the actual physisological breakdown of the creatures was facinating.

Comment

• I've got about 100 pages left in Tokyo Vice. Incredible book. I really do not want it to end. I could read recounts of his work forever. I just got into the human trafficking section, and it's heartbreaking.

Comment

• It would make a helluva tv show.

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
                                Everything Matters by Ron Currie Jr. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.
                                Just bought this for my dad's girlfriend/fiancée's birthday. Hardcover on Amazon? $10. Read this book bitches. *looks at Rob*
                                We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                                - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                                X