No announcement yet.

The Great Hullabaloo: BOOKS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I destroyed those Keene books too. There’s apparently a meta story with all his books but never bothered.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I finished like all of his books since I last posted. The meta shit is great just waiting on part 3 of the labyrinth shit. That was dope.

Finished The Acid King. Really looking forward to checking out the documentary about it. Satanic Panic was and is still so fucking stupid.

Started Columbine. I always meant to read this when it first came out but for whatever reason never did. For what it's about, I'm really digging it that being said, the things I have in common with Klebold is a bit concerning (and had in high school) but like most people you just deal with it in ways that don't fucking harm other people. Does anyone know if there is a good documentary on this by chance? I feel like there has to be but I'm also lazy to look.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Finished Columbine, dug it overall. Learned some new things and just how fucked it was even if you take out the shooters.

Reading Rick Rubin's latest book at the moment. Digging it so far, not very far in but less god talk than the Rainn Wilson book I tried to read. I just couldn't deal with reading about god from Dwight Schrute. Especially since he kept calling that exact point out a bunch.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Switched gears from Rubin as it's a super interesting book but just not one for night time reading. Read The Hike by Drew Mcgary instead. Really enjoyed this. Went in completely blind and the last 2 pages got me good.

I recommend it. Quick read and a cool idea.

Comment

• Also read The Loop by Jeremy Robert Johnson. Nothing new or special BUT it could make a fun schlocky movie. Commits to the idea and sticks the landing. Just another quick and fun-ish read.

Comment

• Almost done with a new book called The Fold. Neat sci-fi about a group of scientists who may or may not have created portal technology and what could possibly go wrong?

Midway through the book had a "Oh shiiiiiit" moment last night and shit got even crazier.

Comment

• The Fold was fun. Lately all of my books seem to all be in the same wheelhouse with ideas and I dig it. Started on 14 which is another book that was written by the guy who did The Fold. IT's neat so far.

Comment

• 14 was fucking dope and would make a sweet tv series. So because I liked both The Fold and 14, I decided to pick up another one of his books called Terminus. Without realizing it there is an order to these books and I have completely read them out of order and also skipped one but I think the order I've read them in has worked in its favor for me.

Either way, if you're into breezy sci-fi, horror pulpy nonsense, check these out. Nothing earth shattering but fun.

Comment

• Terminus fucking rocked. Digging Peter's books thus far. Not sure what it says about my mindset lately but all of these "types" of books are right up my alley.

Comment

Working...
                    X