No announcement yet.

The Great Hullabaloo: BOOKS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s a pleasure. You can recommend stuff as well!

You in for a wild fucking ride, son. It’s all about the tutu

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Martin; 09-02-2022, 11:29 AM.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I should re-read the Thrawn trilogy. Those were the only books of the legacy Star Wars stuff that were really worth a damn, other than the original Han Solo trilogy.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      Originally posted by Martin
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• It really should have been the Sequels.

Hey Matt, you should also try Library at Mt. Char.

Its nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
          I should re-read the Thrawn trilogy. Those were the only books of the legacy Star Wars stuff that were really worth a damn, other than the original Han Solo trilogy.
          The legacy shit is aces, but I read the current canonical new trilogy.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
            It’s a pleasure. You can recommend stuff as well!

You in for a wild fucking ride, son. It’s all about the tutu

Enjoy!
            Finished Mt. Char. Wasn't bad. It got kind of sloppy at the end but this would make a hell of a mini series. The tutu shit alone if done right could rival some John Wick shit. The explanation of everything at the end was pretty decent though. Didn't see that coming. Dug it. On to The Troop now thanks to a random recommendation from GoodReads or whatever. Lord of the Flies meets pulpy horror I guess.....Dug the first chapter enough to buy it.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Cool!

Comment

• Fun fact: this is Char’s author first novel. The guy writes programming books.

Comment

• That makes sense honestly. Again, I dug it a bunch but some of it got kind of sloppy. But great recommendation Martin!

Comment

• Thx bro! Shoot some too anytime!

Comment

• The Troop is pretty sweet so far. It seems to be sort of heading into Resident Evil territory but without zombies. The kids all seem pretty believable and I guarantee at least 2 of these fuckers will die a terrible death.

I dig that between certain chapters are "field notes" or "research documentation" that adds to the backstory. So far it's fun.

Comment

• The Troop is so much pulpy horror fun. Shit gets GROSS and then a
                          Spoiler: mild spoilers 
                        fucking budding serial killer is introduced
                        which is adding to the ridiculousness of everything.

Read another short story in Joe Hill's 20th Century Ghost called Abraham's Boys that was fantastic. Cant' really say much without spoiling it but I'm really enjoying these stories so far. Highly recommended.

Comment

• Finished The Troop. Recommend it for a fun and fucking disgusting horror read. Like I said on FB, this needs to be a mini series or a lower budget (with all going to practical FX) movie.

It was gross and entertaining the whole way through. Fucking LOVED the shit between chapters with medical notes, deposition transcripts, etc... all filling in backstory and future events. That poor chimp....

Need another book to read. I may check out those recommendations from you Martin
                          Check the Bobiverse series. Its fucking fun and funny. Trust me.

also, Adrian Tchaikovsky is amazing. The Children of Time is a book about artificially evolved spiders on an alien planet. The heroes are spiders.
                          I grabbed another book by the guy who wrote The Troop about a disease called the "gots" that starts off as people forgetting things like normal and then ends up with people's bodily functions forgetting how to keep them alive. Sounded neat.

I tried a snippet of some book called The Last Watch (the Divide series) as I feel like someone recommended that but am not sure. The first half of the free intro I read seemed cool.

Comment

• Saw reviews for the Bobiverse saying the dude who wrote it sucks and it's racist and or misogynistic? What are you recommending me Martin?! I DON'T WANT ANOTHER WHITE MAN TO SAVE THE UNIVERSE. lulz

Gonna check out The Acid King (non-fiction) as I heard good things about it as well

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                              Saw reviews for the Bobiverse saying the dude who wrote it sucks and it's racist and or misogynistic? What are you recommending me Martin?! I DON'T WANT ANOTHER WHITE MAN TO SAVE THE UNIVERSE. lulz

Gonna check out The Acid King (non-fiction) as I heard good things about it as well
                              Well if it’s racist and misogynist I clearly missed it, so did all people who recommended it.

Its really a fun one.

Comment

• Oh I grabbed the free snippet to check it out. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X