No announcement yet.

The Great Hullabaloo: BOOKS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished Book 5 a few days ago. Half way through Book 6. Digging it still. I think book 6 may be my favorite at the moment overall because I really dug the shit with the rings but so far Book 6 is pretty decent. Legit still wanna slap Filip's shit down and kick Marcus in the nuts.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• You mean his dad Marco Inaros, Prophet of the Belt?
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Yeah, Marco so far is a bitch.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Prepare yourself.

Book 7 jumps 30 years ahead.

And none of it made it to TV.

Comment

• Ah sweet. Still plugging away on season 3 of the TV show. Just like Outer Range this show's pacing still fucking suuuccks. Like the books are amazing and I know I should LOVE the show but I just don't find myself burning through it like say, BSG. Still digging it but it's a slow go on the TV front. Glad to hear that if I choose too I could burn through the show once I hit book 7. The whole reason I started flying through these is because I did want to finally finish the show without being spoiled on things as much possible.

Also, I don;t know the answer yet (don't tell me please or insinuate yet...) but I really hope Pa ends up being
              Spoiler: spoilers 
            a legit pirate queen as she just announced her mutiny in the part of the book I'm at.
            I dug that.

Comment

• Remember one thing about Michio: in the show they made her a tertiary character.

All her beats are integrated to Camina Drummer. Whose actress KILLS it.

Comment

• Good to know but that's a bummer.

Comment

• Honestly, Drummer’s role fades, so the result of mixing both is perfect.

Comment

• A little over half way done with book 6. Marco can still eat a butt thus far.

Comment

• Lol

Comment

• Finished book six. Man I'd be pissed if I had to wait for book 7. A few chapters in book 7...
                        dude....Deurte and his immortality shit?
                        can't wait to see how this all plays out.

Comment

• It’s…. Something!

now jump 30 years in the future!

Comment

• Yeah, that was jarring but bring it. Now gimme a spinoff "Roci's Babies", make it animated, and I'm set.

Comment

• Just wait. It’s pretty fucking epic.

Comment

• Finished book 7 last night. I am not sure what to think about the direction it's taking thus far BUT I have to believe it's all going to pay off.

Crazy time jump and me picturing old Amos and shit is strange. The underground resistance shit was okay, I liked the stuff with the mad bomber group. That fight scene between Amos/Bobbi was legit. Deurte and his god complex better be building to and having a great payoff. The fucking other "race" that killed off the people who made the protomolecule seems neat with how little they've been mentioned. That fucking "attack" or whatever that shut down EVERYONE's mind was neat as fuck and such a cool idea. It ending with Bobbi/Amos together and Alex/Naomi on Freehold while Holden chills in Deurte's prison sure was a choice.

Started book 8 (the prologue) and
                                Crisjen dying off screen in her sleep was a bummer. Not that I expected an action scene or whatever since she was like 100 but it was still a shame. Holden being used as an info dump in regards to the other race seems neat. Poor Drummer and her selling out thus far. I get that she's being smart but she's just getting the wrong end of the stick lately.

I want more with the protomolecule and shit though.
                                  Spoiler: book 7 spoilers 
                                I mean, I like the fact that Deurte is fucking with it to make himself immortal and the fact the ships and shit are using it
                                but I want more THINGS.

So far the books have been pretty good. Some more than others as to be expected, but none have flat out sucked which is nice! I still say that either (not sure about the time lines here) Mass Effect ripped them off OR he ripped off Mass Effect but considering how much I love the ME lore that's totally fine with me.

About 6 eps into Season 3 of the show and man some of these actors are TERRIBAD. Admiral Ngyyen for sure. That being said
                                knowing his outcome via the books and then seeing his shit get rocked
                                felt good man.

Comment

Working...
                                X