The Great Hullabaloo: BOOKS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
    yeah, the ME vibe is strong with The Expanse so far. Hell of an easier read than Dune lol.
    To be fair, they are pop books. But well made.

I get the ME comparison. It works a bit. But the Reapers i. The Expanse are much scarier.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Finished book one of the Expanse. On to book two. Can I watch the first season of the show now or will it spoil shit in book 2? I know it has some characters from other books but mostly want to know if it will spoil any big reveals from book 2.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        Finished book one of the Expanse. On to book two. Can I watch the first season of the show now or will it spoil shit in book 2? I know it has some characters from other books but mostly want to know if it will spoil any big reveals from book 2.
        Season 1 end right after Eros. No problem there. S2 meshes book 2 and 3.

Comment

• Sweet. Almost done with book 2. About half way through atm.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• 1 to 3 is amazing.
            4 goos, but lots of important events.
            5 is amazeballs.
            6 too
            7-9 great.

overall, it’s a fucking great series.

Comment

• Finished book 2. That last page had me like WHAAAAAAT?

Dug it. Almost done with season 1 of the show. On to book 3.

Comment

• Yesssssssssss

Comment

• What was that last page btw? I don’t remember.

Comment

•   Spoiler: spoilers  
                    they win the battle, kill the admiral, and Holden is chilling and then all of a sudden Miller shows up all Jedi ghost like and is like what's up broooo

Comment

• Aw yeah!

There’s an explanation for that.

Comment

• On book 4 of the Expanse series now. Book 3 was a bit of a slog overall as it was like one giant battle sequence (even though I dug the stuff with Clarissa and Anna) buttttt now that the story is completely changing with what happened at the end of book 3, book 4 starts off fucking awesome and I have a feeling this series is gonna go in a whole new direction which I'm totally down for.

Overall digging this series so far and will continue reading the rest.

Comment

• Book 4 will explain some protomolecule shit. People tend to like that book less, but I dug it.

Peaches is awesome.

Comment

• Book 4 is done. Wasn't bad. I dug that it felt like a completely different series. I liked that whole thing with the
                              Spoiler: spoilers 
                            stargate shit essentially just throwing people to random worlds
                            and I want a whole movie of that shit.

Half way done with book 5. That reveal of
                            Naomi having a kid
                            and then (at least where I'm at)
                            being the second in command of that terrorist mission of dropping asteroids on the Earth because he stole some stealh materials from MArs
                            and I'm all like dammmmn.

That being said, Martin does ANY of this shit end up in the Expanse show? Like do we even get anything with
                            New Terra/Illus or whatever
                            with that insane security chief?

Comment

• Yep.

That’s season 4 to 6.

But Bull ain’t in it. It changed a bit. Some roles were merged.

Like, most of TV’s Drummer is Michio Pa in the books. But it’s for the better if you ask me.

Man, book 5 is where it’s at. I loved it.

Amos is the man.

Comment

• Also pay attention

Spoiler: Spoilas 
                                to the Mars stealth shit happening. The opening of the gates means a lot to Mars.

Comment

Working...
                                X