No announcement yet.

The Great Hullabaloo: BOOKS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up some Ellison short story collections (Shatterday and The Deathbird Stories) and the anniversary edition of American Gods.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Nice choices. Ellison's usually a win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Miller View Post
        Wait, I just read that wont happen until Memory of Light. Jesus, even after he's dead Jordan is long fucking winded.
        To be fair, there were a shit ton of plot lines to bring together. Not to mention getting everyone in the same time (he had annoyingly jumped ahead and back with several characters). Sanderson did a rather deft job of sewing everything up and getting everyone in the right place.
        We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
        - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• As my mom is a librarian(woot!), she often gets ARCs(Advanced Reader Copy) from time to time to help decide if the book is good and therefore how many copies to order. She gave me one the a couple of weeks ago called The Things We Cherished by Pam Jenoff that I just finished. Really engrossing, well written book with the Holocaust as the backdrop. Kind of a 'chick' book, I guess, but I still recommend it.
          Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• So you're saying it's The Anne Frank Notebook?
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• With a touch of Aliens and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.*

*Not really.
              Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Gah. I picked up The Lost Symbol. No. I didn't buy it (the book was lying around my dad's place). I didn't even make it through the first chapter. So awful.
                We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

• Picked up the first John Carter book last night. Hopefully dive into it later this week.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• You'll enjoy it, Rob. Keep in mind the timeframe and attitudes when the story was written, and you'll be fine.

Comment

• Hey Martin! About 320 pages into CG. Good lord is it taking FOREVER for anything to happen in this book. Shurq Elalle is still one of my favorite characters.

Comment

• Fuck. You're farther than me!

And it's Erikson. It's his MO to start slow. The shitstorm is coming.

And stuff already happened. JADE GIANT!
                        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Bah. You know what I mean. Took FOREVER to get to the Bridgeburners. Besides, this was originally part of the last book, right? If so, then this is one long ass intermission. I'm not complaining too much. It's just, this is it. I'm ready for what's going to happen, to happen.

Also, not a fan of him trying to flesh out Tavore. She's supposed to be cold, a cipher.

Comment

• Damnit Martin. You need to hurry up with your reading so we can have discussions.

Comment

• Finished Dance With Dragons

Spoiler: here be spoilz 
                              The first half of the book was pretty yawn inducing. Didn't enjoy the Bran chapters at all. Loved all the goings on at the Wall, and SO pissed that Jon is more than likely dead, unless Mellisandre brings him back to life. I would have to think Thormund is going to wipe out the Night Watch, as he and Jon seemed to have a great respect for each other.

Cersei has a fucking ZOMBIE built from the remains of The Mountain on the Kingsguard? What in the FUCK. Crazytown. Varys is a fucking pimp, and the most interesting character. Well he, Littlefinger, and Jaime are all very interesting to me. I am intrigued to see what the Bravossi banker really is, he wouldn't ride out to Stannis just to discuss money, right? He has to be something else.

Overall, good read in the second half. WINTER IS HERE.

Comment

• I shan't check those spoilers as I'm in the third book something of swords or whatever but glad to hear it's a good read. I've enjoyed them all so far but A Clash of Kings was a slog at times.
                                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X