No announcement yet.

The Great Hullabaloo: BOOKS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half way through reading C-Hitch's God Is Not Great while waiting for my new bristol boards to arrive in the mail.

I had the same epiphany as he did in his youth, though it involved me cursing the heavens that Mega Man 3 was too fucking hard for a just creator to allow into being.

His ridiculously verbose screed is entertaining and highly informed (and as smug as I imagined it would be).

I hope the drunk beats his cancer.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Finished the entire Millennium Trilogy the other week, and it's really good. Dragon Tattoo was the best, but Hornet's Nest and Played with Fire are really good, REALLY over the top madness.

Comment

• Currently reading The Snowball which is THE biography on Warren Buffett. Obviously this book is very detailed and extensively researched (Did you know that Buffett was a shitty student in high school? And he used to shoplift lift like crazy as a kid?)

But one thing bugs me and I have no idea how this couldn't have been caught during the editing. Right in the beginning the author says Herbert Hoover was Calvin Coolidge's VP; He was Secretary of Commerce. Gets my history nerdity all a flutter when I see such an error.
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• NERD ALERT
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Hey man, I give a shit cause I'm REALLY REALLY BORED!

Comment

• Finally started reading Fables. OH MY GOD. WHY DIDNT I START EARLIER?! its amazing!

Comment

• Yeah. I picked that up for Lesley. I was digging it too.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Need that as well.

Comment

• Fables is the shit.

Ashamedly, never read Kavalier & Clay. Picked it up yesterday on a whim. I AM NOT DISAPPOINT
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Reading a graphic novel called "Black Hole" right now. Some pretty fucked up shit actually. Like really fucked up.

Comment

• Ah yes, Black Hole. That talking neck thingie was freaky. And when the chick made-out with it was HORRIFYING!

I've been reading The Rebellion of Ronald Reagan by James Mann. This is a book that details the actual end of the Soviet Union during Reagan's last years.

It's quite amazing how much shit he caught by his base for what he was trying to do.

Comment

• Black Hole was fucking awesome.

Some of the coolest inks I've ever seen. And it gets darker, buddy. So strap in for heinous shit.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post
                            Black Hole was fucking awesome.

Some of the coolest inks I've ever seen. And it gets darker, buddy. So strap in for heinous shit.
                            The inks are why I blind bought it actually. Shit looked amazing. Good to know it keeps up with it's fuckedupness.

Comment

• Oh yeah, you could smell that book a mile away.

At some point there was talk of David Fincher doing a movie version of this. There's no way in hell that would happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post
                                Fables is the shit.

Ashamedly, never read Kavalier & Clay. Picked it up yesterday on a whim. I AM NOT DISAPPOINT
                                Kavalier and Clay is very good.

Comment

Working...
                                X