X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CROWDFUND SUCCESSFUL- FORUMS ARE GONNA LIVE NOW

Hey all,
    our host is demanding that we upgrade our PHP version on our site to 7.3

They decided to do this last Thursday and it completely broke the forums. This is because these forums are not compatible with that version. Unfortunately, the only version that is is the newest version of Vbulletin and that costs 250. Our host said they will give me a month of leeway before they update it again and this breaks.

Helper and I are working on a plan to get a new version up and running, but again, if you all enjoy posting here and want to keep posting here I'm gonna have to ask for some donations to get the new license, OR, we just keep our stupid page over on FB but I know that a lot of people don't like social media or have accounts and honestly, I'd rather keep the forums because it's a nice little home for us weirdos.

Thoughts? Concerns?
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Also, maybe for those of you who aren't on social, shoot me your email addys so in case this happens again I can at least let you know what is going on. OR if you want, create a bullshit account on FB and let me know so I can add you to our private group there.

email me: braindeadradio@gmail.com
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

this $250...is this a one time fee?
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

yeah, it's for the license for VB5+ which is the only version of this software that is compatible with php 7.2+ according to their tech support.

Comment

I knew this version of out of date like a mother but the time i spent fucking with VB4 (I bought a 250 license for that back in 2012) made me hate it so I said fuck it.

Just sucks that I can't talk our host into letting our site stay on php 5 hahaha but you know, security issues and all that jazz.

Comment

and actually, if the tech support at vbulletin gets back to me in regards to my account (if it's still on file) then an upgrade may only cost 209 instead of 250 but I won't know until someone actually gets back to me.

Comment

what kind of is lame is that VB4 and higher decided to be an all around CMS w/ forums built in instead of just forum software. So fucking with that will take some time and will be weird and this site over all may never look like this again (but will have a bunch more additional features I guess)

Comment

PM'd and emailed you.
                Matt
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

got it and responded via pm.

Comment

If anyone wants to donate, post here and I'll send you the details.

Comment

Got zelle through your bank? Send me your email I can zelle to.

Comment

I'm posting, send me the deets so's I can kick in a few bucks from me and the missus. And the cat. Because he cares about the forums, damnit.

Comment

Promise me you don't buy a red Corvette or marry a stripper from that money.

The you shall continue and PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                            Promise me you don't buy a red Corvette or marry a stripper from that money.

The you shall continue and PM me.
                            Rob's not the type to do that. He does, however, have a screenplay for the sequel to The Meg that he's been shopping around.

And if he has to rebuild the site, he's thinking of renaming it as BDR City.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                              Got zelle through your bank? Send me your email I can zelle to.
                              I set up Zelle this morning. I guess you can send any donations to izzim420@hotmail.com

If you have Venmo you can send donations to: @Buff_Headcheese

Paypal: braindeadradio@gmail.com

I promise not to buy any strippers, a new car, or endangered animals with the donations.

Also, I have to say; you are all awesome.

Also I have to say; again, when I update the forums we hope that all of the posts don't disappear into the ether but there are no promises. It's also gonna look weird and will be strange getting used to the new system but I hope that everything works out and we're good to go. Again, if you're not on Social media, please email me your email address at: braindeadradio@gmail.com so I can email you in case something goes wrong or the forum update takes longer.

This is uncharted water for helper and I and we've been pouring over documentation and I have some emails into their tech support as well in hopes of minimizing any sort of issues that may arise. When I finally get the software in my hands and we sort out a plan, I'll post in here (and in the FB private group) letting you know when we're going to shut down the boards to back them up and then we will begin work on upgrading.

Comment

Working...
                              X