This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deal with it gif
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I see the updates. I just can't tell where there's a new post now.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• on the main page?
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          on the main page?
          On the forums.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• yeah, where on the forums?

Comment

yeah, where on the forums?

Just in general with the Lisa Frank color scheme you were rocking for a bit. The color contrast made it hard to see what was new and what wasn't.

Comment

• still fucking around. Gonna leave it all jacked here while I finish Vice Principals.

Post here shit that sucks. Icons need to be completely re-done so you can skip those. Mostly want thoughts on colors, links, etc....

Comment

• preemptive IT SUCKS from Jersh haha

Comment

• The last podcast was fun!

The new color scheme reminds me of when I used to customize my computer. However, it is easy on the eyes.
                    Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• With respect, the colors in the forum are a bit too much, Rob. I'd suggest going with black text on white backgrounds similar to what you're doing on the front page for consistency's sake.

Also, speaking as a graphic designer, orange and blue is usually never a good color combo. Maybe use light blue or white instead - they show up much better against the darker blue backgrounds.

Comment

• for sure, not gonna stick with that.

but counter point:
                        '

Comment

• it's too much worrrrkkkkkkkkk. so many css styles to updateeeeeee

noooooooo

Comment

for sure, not gonna stick with that.

but counter point:
                            '

My bad - I meant to say that blue and orange should never be used on top of each other or right next to each other (orange text on a blue background, for example) as they tend to contrast too much. Over time, this could cause eyes to get strained or tired.

In the example you posted, there's a strong black bar that separates the colors nicely, so the contrast isn't too jarring to the eye.

Again, just a suggestion!

Comment

• That was my drunken attempt at a joke. All your points are duly noted and appreciated!

Comment

• Ah! I should have realized you were just Jershing! Just as long as you don't do this, we should be good...

Also, any chance you can see what's up with the YouTube Embed issues we seem to have here? Asking for a friend, you understand...

Comment

Working...
                                X