Help, Helper Monkee!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rob View Post
    So does your work have separate XP discs for every computer in the office? Or is that disc used for every machine.
    Only have one set of discs. Stuff probably came pre-installed.
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
      So what would happen? Error message? Men in Black?

Doubtful. If you have access to the cd key, do what you need. Just don't register.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Ok. So I have an older laptop that I use for most of my surfing at home (and to use to download questionable items). My other half has been using it for some of his music apps. Unfortunately he's installed and uninstalled more than a few programs without my help (and for the most part incorrectly). As such, the registry is well screwed. Worse, I can't get system restore to work. I'm thinking that my best bet at this point is to just reinstall Windows. Agree?
        We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
        - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Ccleaner has a registry cleaning thingy. Maybe try that?

Comment

I'll try that program tonight. He's really screwed the the system up though. IE doesn't work either (but Firefox does). Tried to install System Mechanics (it's usually pretty good for correcting system errors) but couldn't even manage that last night.
            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

I'd say backup what you can, reformat, reinstall.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I agree with rob, backup what you can and reinstall....

Comment

check your PM's Helper.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I thought that would be the case. I would send him to a PC 101 class but I think that would make him even more dangerous.

Comment

• Anyone else having problems with facebook and/or youtube today? Speed test says my connection is running faster than normal, but FB has been stupid all day and youtube videos will not load. Thoughts?

Comment

• facebook was kinda fucked yesterday too.

Comment

• Youtube working now. May have been a gimpy vid. Facebook is spotty.

Comment

• Facebook is always spotty.
                            The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Why can't I eject after I burn a CD with Itunes? Not all the time, just some times. Get an error message saying drive is still in use or something.

Comment

• Because iTunes is spotty. Sometimes you may need to look for an update or uninstall/reinstall...I had that problem before, I also noticed that when there were too many running aps it had that issue. Try closing everything except iTunes when burning...might help.
                                Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Working...
                                X