Help, Helper Monkee!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What he said. derpAderp
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Someone tried to print some report from excel and didn't highlight the desired area so it is now printing empty grids forever. Any way to stop this? There is nothing in the print queue.

Comment

• Short of physical violence, I got nothing...

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
          Someone tried to print some report from excel and didn't highlight the desired area so it is now printing empty grids forever. Any way to stop this? There is nothing in the print queue.
          Unplug the printer (should clear the internal printer queue).
          We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
          - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Yeah, the ol' Office Space treatment. Or the HST treatment:

Comment

• Make the printer hug it!
              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
                Unplug the printer (should clear the internal printer queue).
                Bingo.

Comment

• so the new HD didn't fix my fucking problem. still locks up. Took out all my ram, tried one piece at a time. still locks up. No other symptoms besides locking up at random. FFFFFFFFFU"UUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Did you do a fresh Windows install? Sounds like time for a new PC, but next solution is new MoBo/CPU. Might I recommend this case...

http://store.antec.com/Product/darkF...5-15238-9.aspx

Comment

• I can't do a fresh windows install. that's the fucking problem. Just keeps locking up. FFFUUUUUUUU
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• From the other thread:

Originally posted by Rherbarb
                        Yeah, the bios loads fine. The temps are normal as far as I can tell. I have enough fans to keep the air flowing (plus the front half of my case is completely open for air flow). I guess it could be the power supply but I'm not getting errors that would suggest it?
                        Thing with a power supply issue is it might be the individual power cord that goes to the hard drive that's fucked and not the whole supply itself. Ditto the cord going to the hard drive. What I would try, in this order:

STEP 0: unlpug all other peripherials from the motherboard, powersupply, and computer. So your DVD/CD rom players, printers, everything except the monitor keyboard and mouse. Basicaly, we want to isolate the hard drive by itself. If one of the things below get you to apoint where your computer seems to be working, hook up the DVD/CD Rom player and try installing wondows 3.11.

Wondows, just like Windows, but better. tm

1. Restart the cmputer again, go into the BIOS and see if the new drive is even being recognized by the computer in BIOS. There may be a switch or setting that isn't toggled correctly. If you aren't seeing the new drive at all, you may have a bad cable...
                        2. Replace the cable that goes from your motherboard to your hard drive (the new drive should have come with a new one) - do this while the computer is off (so turn it off before attempting replacement). Restart the computer again.
                        3. If the BIOS is reading the drive ok after either 1 or 2, the other thing I would try is to take another separate power cable from your power supply and swap it onto the new hard drive. Reboot, see what happens.
                        4. If #1, #2 and #3 do not fix this shizzit, (and you have already played with the ram), go to the website for your hardware manufacturer and see if there is a FlashBIOS update/firmware update. It's possible they know about this issue with the motherboard and have already prepared a patch/hotfix. You can also get diagnistic programs for your bord sometimes from the manufacturer, depending on who made your board.
                        5. None of this other stuff works, I am afriad its possible the hard drive controller on the motherboard is fried. With a brand-new hard drive the chances that the new drive is evil are slim.
                        <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• After spending the day with Helper (who is the GODDAMN MAN FOR REALS.)It was the motherboard. We tried new ram, new hd, new graphic card. And then when we took everything out, it was pretty noticeable that the board was fried in some areas.

Comment

• So new mobo then? No-go on the lappy?

Comment

• Shit, when I said I wanted a lappy it was just talk. I can't afford that shit. I have a weeding to save for.

Comment

• You don't even have a lawn, how is that possible??

Comment

Working...
                                X