The Bad Batch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bad Batch

I've never really been a fan of the Clone Wars cartoons or really even the time period that the prequels are in. The art style always put me off as did the fact that they'd have like 4-5 eps a season that mattered while the rest were cartoon fillers. That being said, color me surprised at how much I dug The Bad Batch. I think it definitely helps (that so far) that I'm not having to deal with younger versions of characters that I care about from the films. I mean, Tarkin showed up but he's just Tarkin and it worked. The "toyification" designs for the Bad Batch is kind of silly BUT the fact that
      Spoiler: spoilers 
    Kanan shows up from Rebels as a padawan
    was awesome and I'm curious to see where this goes.

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Best part was Tarkin telling the Kamodians (I'm not looking up the spelling on that) to nix the clones cause they want to save $.

"These highly trained killing machines are too expensive. We're gonna recruit a few yokels and pay them under the table."
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Like I said yesterday, that was probably my favorite part and it was a total Trump move lol.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

This show is still pretty interesting but Rebels is still the high bar for storytelling in these types of shows for me so it has to still build on the story to get me sucked in.

Comment

Man I was bummed Xizor didn't show up once it was revealed who Mochi actually was. nice bait and switch there Filoni.

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
            Man I was bummed Xizor didn't show up once it was revealed who Mochi actually was. nice bait and switch there Filoni.
            Rhea Perlman is in Star Wars now and I'm all about it.

What's cool is that Matthew Wood (Grievous voice, Sound Editor Wunderkind) did Bib Fortuna after doing Bib in the Mando S2 finale.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

if they can get DeVito in this too that would be grand. And yeah, Matt Wood has been playing Bib since the Phantom Menace but I still would have loved Xizor to show up. I WANT MY BLACK SUN.

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                if they can get DeVito in this too that would be grand. And yeah, Matt Wood has been playing Bib since the Phantom Menace but I still would have loved Xizor to show up. I WANT MY BLACK SUN.
                We've got 10 more episodes to go and some people have been teasing Crimson Dawn showing up.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

Last episode was another filler one imo. I also really disllike Omega so far. But this could be like an Ezra thing in Rebels where she comes into her own in the second season.

Comment

This show needs to step it up a bit. That being said, I did like that they brought in the junk planet from the Fallen Order video game and Cad Bane. Always thought his design was neat.

Comment

Today's episode was pure padding.

Comment

The episode with Hera and her family was nice (total padding) if only because I fucking love that character so goddamn much.

Comment

Working...
                        X