Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random TV that do not need their own threads...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
    Not sure, but I think you may be the only one pondering this question.

Not really. American Dad is the most consistent of the three and it has the least MacFarlane involvement.

Cleveland Show has been on a upswing since Mike Henry took over more control of the showrunning. That being said, it still has a way to go.

Family Guy would be a lot better if they had a more consistent writing stuff. The two writers that can actually string a plot together were jerked off the show, so they could help MacFarlane write "Ted".
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Speaking of which, there's talk of having a Simpsons channel. Just 24/7 all the time.

If they do that, they better run the episodes uncut.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
        I'd nuke the fuck out of The Simpsons first though. So great, now so shitty.

The Simpsons will end when Groening/Brooks wants it to end. FOX will never kill it as the licensing, syndication and related rights are worth more than NBC at this point.

Hell, if anything...2012 is going to bring more Simpsons shit.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
          Speaking of which, there's talk of having a Simpsons channel. Just 24/7 all the time.

Which is what I was referring to.

Cough. It's happening, but the real question is where. Especially since they've been getting chummy with certain e-tailers.

Comment

Speaking of which, there's talk of having a Simpsons channel. Just 24/7 all the time.
            No thank you.
            Originally posted by Ari
            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

I'd actually love this, because Brittany never watched The Simpsons growing up. She has no idea the brilliance of those first 10-12 seasons. She asked me if we were going to make a point to watch the Treehouse of Horrors this year and I was like what? Oh Simpsons, shit no, but we can watch some old ones.

Of note, Amazon Instant has The Wonder Years and tons of other Fox shows up now for streaming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                The Simpsons will end when Groening/Brooks wants it to end. FOX will never kill it as the licensing, syndication and related rights are worth more than NBC at this point.
                Ah, so never I take it.
                Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• No shit? The Wonder Years is on streaming now? Does it even have the same music? Cuz that's what was holding up that show for YEARS.
                  "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• I watch that on HUB with all the OG music.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

No shit? The Wonder Years is on streaming now? Does it even have the same music? Cuz that's what was holding up that show for YEARS.
                      Amazon but not Netflix.

Comment

• .....what's Hub? *Ducks!*
                        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• HUB is a cable channel that we get. They play Wonder Years and we set our DVR up to record them.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Oh ok. Good station?
                            Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                              I'd actually love this, because Brittany never watched The Simpsons growing up. She has no idea the brilliance of those first 10-12 seasons. She asked me if we were going to make a point to watch the Treehouse of Horrors this year and I was like what? Oh Simpsons, shit no, but we can watch some old ones.

Of note, Amazon Instant has The Wonder Years and tons of other Fox shows up now for streaming.

Amazon cut FOX a check that Netflix doesn't want to do. But, it also leaves Amazon open to getting reamed when they re-up.

This is also the same kind of shit that makes studios think they can get away with charging $300 million for streaming rights.

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                                Oh ok. Good station?
                                Yeah for older sitcoms it's not bad. I also watch Doogie Howser reruns on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X