X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So is the Loki played by Johnny Weir?

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
      Makes sense for green version but what about Ruffalo? Do his effects take a lot longer too?
      It's expensive to dye purple shirts all the goddamn time.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
        It's expensive to dye purple shirts all the goddamn time.
        Not if you outsource to Malaysia like everything else!

I'd bet Hulk only "Hulks out" maybe twice. I'd imagine rendering TONS OF HULK is pretty expensive.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
          Don't go putting "you" in there, I'm a heathen atheist. And if Thor showed up in the south you know what would happen? "I told you Jesus had blond hair and blue eyes!"
          hahaha, +5 internetz!

I am going to side with Martin on the music choice for the trailer. Love NiN, think the song they used in the trailer made the source material feel more like GI Joe and less like say, Spider-man. Yeah it's just a trailer, but I have sort of a hard-on for trailers being their own little works of art. Great trailers are always a welcome thing and something I enjoy. This one missed the mark for me, hatred of some of the team composition choices aside.

Which makes me wonder, given how iffy the reception of this film will be, do they really know how to market Avengers to the general public? I mean really, how widely known is the name Avengers to main street USA? I know more people who think of the British TV show than they do the comic.

The sad sad truth is that the most widely known super hero team in North America isn't the Avengers or Justice League, it's Super Friends. And as much as I want to see a green monkey named Gleek on the big screen, I am sort of thinking that particular film will never happen.

My guess is that the reason Iron Man is so prominently featured is that Iron Man the movie is the one that did the best out of all of them. Which again, makes me really wonder about the marketing plan.
          <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• How about not worrying about the marketing and instead get excited for the fact we have a big budget SUPERHERO TEAM FLICK that isn't X-Men?
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
              How about not worrying about the marketing and instead get excited for the fact we have a big budget SUPERHERO TEAM FLICK that isn't X-Men?
              Sorry, I am not a fan of the Avengers comics (thought I stated that earlier in the thread?). This movie doesn't appeal to me, but in the interests of taking part in the conversation I thought I would share my observations. My overall feeling is that, outside of nerds who like comics, this movie will be largely ignored or misunderstood. I will still see it, as I want to form an opinion of the actual product once it's out there. But out of all of the teams they could make movies about this one is the bottom of the list for me. I'd take a FF reboot over this any day. And I've already shown my boy-love for a Defenders flick :P

Comment

• While I know nothing about the Avengers for the most part the reason I'm excited is because I really enjoyed the Iron Man flicks, Thor, Hulk (even though it's not Norton/Bana) and the Captain America flick. Having all of them in one movie gets me excited even really knowing nothing about the comic.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

While I know nothing about the Avengers for the most part the reason I'm excited is because I really enjoyed the Iron Man flicks, Thor, Hulk (even though it's not Norton/Bana) and the Captain America flick. Having all of them in one movie gets me excited even really knowing nothing about the comic.
                  This is 100% valid, and I envy you never having read the comics. I have to admit, had Edward Norton stayed in as the Hulk I would be 1000% more excited. I haven't seen Thor or Captain America yet (I SUCK PLEASE DON'T RUB IT IN!!)

Comment

How about not worrying about the marketing and instead get excited for DAT AZZ

Comment

• NO ROB MARKETING IS IMPORTANT!!!/sarcasm.

I see what you're saying Mike but at the end of the day marketing snafu's just don't bother me or sway me. I either want to see Superhero Team Flick or I don't. I admit I'm probably in the minority but trailer music will never make or break whether I want to see a flick.
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

NO ROB MARKETING IS IMPORTANT!!!/sarcasm.

I see what you're saying Mike but at the end of the day marketing snafu's just don't bother me or sway me. I either want to see Superhero Team Flick or I don't. I admit I'm probably in the minority but trailer music will never make or break whether I want to see a flick.
                        I rarely let a trailer determine whether or not to see a movie, I was just commenting on the trailer as self-contained work of art. To me, it's fun to talk about the business end of a movie or try and guess how they are going to get the word out, but I never promised you I wasn't a huge fucking nerd.

Comment

• Fair enough. *says B_Metal as NIN plays*
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Tons of NIN going to be on my Halloween BBQ 2011 Party Mix.

Comment

• Mike's in the right mindset, but he's wrong on execution. It isn't Super Friends at all. Maybe 20 years ago and maybe with people over 50.

The most wildly recognized superhero in North America remains Spider-Man. Kids under 12 (the target audience) can spot Spidey at a 3 to 1 ratio over Bats, Supes and yes Wolverine.

The reason why Iron Man features so prominently is two-fold. One it's the biggest grosser and 2...plot driven.

Which one of the bunch has more time spent with Nick Fury and SHIELD? Which one has been tasked with bringing together outside elements? Which one is the most sociable of the bunch?
                              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Fair enough. *says B_Metal as NIN plays*
                                hahaha, this thread is degenerating into "WHAT IS YOUR NiN WALKOUT SONG?" Mine would be Right Where It Belongs or possibly "Perfect Drug".

EDIT ADDED CORRECT SHAME-INDUCING VIDEO
                                * VIDEO LINK FOR BILLY'S BENEFIT
                                Last edited by Mike; 10-12-2011, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X