Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The entire movie's garbage. Despite a great cast. It sucked. Bad. And I love Reynolds, but bad casting nonetheless.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Blake can't act. Ryan can't break out of the doofus mold when it comes to superheroing (no one can with a script written on the inside of a fucking potato chip bag with a sharpie marker). Pete and his pedo stache were in a tonally different movie. Oa looked like every digital art cliché elbowfucked together. It was an audial and visual horror show.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
          Nope, I dig Reynolds fine. Been a fan since Van Wilder. It's just the way Jordan was portrayed/written here - he just came off as annoying in parts (he has a bad time during his training, and instead of busting his hump to get through it, he quits. Huh? The guy's a fucking test pilot, he's used to tough training, being brave as fuck in the face of a potential jet crash, and he pusses out because he's having a bad time?). I'm not blaming Reynolds at all, really, but they could've written him better instead of Van Wilder with a power ring, which is how he came off on occasion. Maybe if Reynolds had a better script to work with.

Also, not feeling the Hal/Carol romance. Felt forced a bit.
          All of THIS. The whole idea behind power rings is they manifest the force of the wielder's will. Doesn't seem like it takes a whole lotta willpower to quit, as opposed to toughing it out & soldiering on. I was never a big fan of the GL comic books, but when I'd see him in other people's books, he came off like a mature, collected individual. Not a petulant, immature manchild. THAT I totally didn't buy.
          I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• I hate his go-to 'Jack' face.

Comment

• Originally posted by PHEDG View Post
              I hate his go-to 'Jack' face.

"Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Saw MAMA today. Fucking creepy little ghost flick. Really well made, scary, decent ghost story. Highly recommended.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Saw Hunt for the Red October on Netflix on Friday night, for about the 5 millionth time. Still entertains me!
                  <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• It's a great movie, Mike. I watched it again about a year ago and it's still pretty much the perfect techno thriller.

I lament the fact that we only got one 'Alec Baldwin as Jack Ryan' film. He was perfectly cast for the role and really should have stuck with the franchise.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I did a Red October and Crimson Tide double bill a couple of years back and - to my surprise - Red October totally came out on top. McTiernan was on fire back in the day.
                      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Saw Frankenweenie late last year, and it surprised me with how much I liked it. Just watched Paranorman, and it kinda falls under the same flag.

Both had slightly different approaches to how kids process the death of a loved one. Norman was almost like a kid-friendly Silent Hill, but actually good. Frankenweenie was a big blanket of Universal horror pastiches.

Enjoyed these two thoroughly, moreso than I thought I would. Even so, I still want to punch Jeff Garlin in the balls.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Saw Django Unchained last night. I don't care what people think of any subtexts or higher minded intentions people ascribe to QT flicks (& whether heachieved them or not). He makes damned entertaining films. The bounty hunting dentist, DiCaprio, & Samuel L. all turned in stellar performances. Jamie Foxx had so little to do & say, it was hard to make a call on him. But he got the menacing angry growl & glower across pretty damned well. I actually liked this better than Kill Bill, which I thought just got ridiculous at points. While this was a tad excessive in the main, 3d act gunfight, it was nowhere near as over the top or indulgent as Kill Bill.
                          I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Agreed on Kill Bill as a whole - though I'd still hold vol. 1 as a stronger salute to Eastern cinema than this is to the Western (see what I did there?).

But people bandying around words like 'masterpiece' are shooting a bit far with Django.
                            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                              But people bandying around words like 'masterpiece' are shooting a bit far with Django.
                              Since I'm a nutjob for westerns, I'm gonna go ahead and say FUCK YOU MAN THIS MOVIE IS TO A MASTERPIECE meanie.

Comment

• I still think Jackie Brown is QT's masterpiece for what it's worth.
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X