Clear All

• Originally posted by V View Post
    Cheap Ham Sandwich

1 package Carl Buddig chopped and formed ham
    1 loaf store brand white bread
    1 jar store brand mayo or mustard

Fuck... I can't do it.

I feel sick.
    Ugggggh that isn't even a funny joke Vin. When I get a sammich itch I go straight to the deli counter and buy freshly cut meats and cheeses. Then toast the bread and stack that fucker a foot tall.

Here is a recipe for SPREAD aka Prison Cuisine.

1 Pack Ramen Noodles
    1 Pack Carl Budding "meat'
    2 Slices Kraft Cheese

Cook Ramen as you regularly would. Drain water from pot. Rip up Carl Budding and toss it in the pot. Throw in cheese. Let sit for a few minutes to melt.

SPREAD!

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
      Cheap Ham Sandwich

1 package Carl Buddig chopped and formed ham
      1 loaf store brand white bread
      1 jar store brand mayo or mustard

Fuck... I can't do it.

I feel sick.
      OH DEAR GOD NO!
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Fuck it, bunch of a food snobs up in this bitch. Sometimes a cheap ham sammich does the job.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaun Hocken View Post
          Fuck it, bunch of a food snobs up in this bitch. Sometimes a cheap ham sammich does the job.
          You want a sandwich? Oh... I'll give you a fucking sandwich, alright!

Pan Bagnat

1 loaf of round, crusty French bread (the ideal loaf is about 8 inches in diameter, 2 inches high, and weighs about 3/4 pound)
          1 garlic clove, halved
          1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
          2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar, or more to taste
          salt and pepper to taste
          3 large, ripe tomatoes, cored and sliced
          24 fresh basil leaves
          6-ounce can of tuna packed in olive oil
          1 scallion, minced
          2 teaspoons drained capers packed in brine
          12 niçoise olives, pitted
          6 anchovy fillets packed in olive oil
          1 hard-boiled egg, peeled and sliced

1. Halve the bread horizontally. Remove some of the soft center of the bread to make a hollow, rub each half with a cut side of garlic, drizzle each with about 1 tablespoon olive oil and a little vinegar, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
          2. Cover the bottom slice of bread with half the tomato slices, drizzle with a bit of olive oil, and top with 12 basil leaves and the mint leaves. Stir together the tuna, scallion, capers, and olives in a small bowl. Top with anchovies. Make a layer of hard-boiled egg, then a layer of remaining tomato slices and remaining basil. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place top slice of bread on sandwich and wrap tightly in aluminum foil.
          3. Let the sandwich stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour before serving so that the dressing may saturate the bread. Cut into halves or quarters.

There! There's your fucking sandwich! Enjoy it, you fuckless fucking fucker!

Ah... I feel much better!

Comment

• I'll be taking that cheap ham sammich V!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Dokken View Post
              LOVE pierogies.
              Same here!

Originally posted by Vault Vanderhuge View Post
              Gotta find a decent restaurant 'round these parts for 'em. There's a fuckload of Russian and Jewish restaurants about so there's gotta be one somewhere
              We have plenty around here - a couple of really good ones down in the east Village. Any of you come to visit here, that's where we'll go!
              Last edited by Lisa; 04-07-2010, 01:54 PM.
              2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• I didn't get pierogies last night (or laid), but there was some Ukrainian pierogi-esque thing they had there that wasn't half bad.
                "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Dokken View Post
                  LOVE pierogies.
                  this reminded me that when I was in college, when I came home for Spring Break, my mom & my Aunt Joan would get together & make like 5 dozen pierogi. I'd take 3 dozen or so of them, and a couple rings of kielbasa, back to school with me. First night they made all lame shit in the caf (& oddly enough, you never had to wait long for that, did you?) I'd have Polska Fest 89 (or 90, 91 or 92), cooking this stuff in the dorm's community kitchenette. It was always a big hit, and nothing reminds me of home like food I couldn't get up there.

One semester I was taking The History of nazi Germany with two guys who lived down the hall. One Polska Fest night, I walk by their room, and one of them comes to his door to see where the bunch of us are going. I advise him I'm cooking Polish food, and he's welcome to partake. As luck would have it, we had just studied the Nuremberg Rcial Purity Lws that day, & he says in a sinister German accent: "Polish food izz infeeeerior, just like ze razzzzze." Whereupon he turned on his heel & marched back into his room.
                  I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
                    Same here!

We have plenty around here - a couple of really good ones down in the east Village. Any of you come to visit here, that's where we'll go!
                    Kiev Diner RULZ!
                    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Since Rob has a rib recipe, I thought I'd throw mine on here. Since I'm a bit of a purist, I don't use sauce in any way, shape or form... does that make me an elitist?

Yes... it does. Deal with it.

Vin's Food Snob Elitist Ribs

Ingredients:
                      1 tablespoon whole cumin
                      1/4 cup sweet paprika
                      2 tablespoons chili powder
                      2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
                      1 tablespoon Demerara sugar(Sugar In The Raw is acceptable and cheaper!)
                      1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
                      1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
                      1 tablespoon minced garlic mashed to a paste with 1 tablespoon coarse salt
                      3 slabs pork spareribs (about 3 pounds each)

Directions:
                      1. Make the dry rub: Heat a small skillet over moderately high heat, add the cumin, and toast until very fragrant, but not burned, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove and cool completely. Grind to a fine powder in a coffee/spice grinder. Transfer to a bowl, and stir in the remaining dry rub ingredients, mixing with your hands, if necessary, to completely incorporate the garlic.

2. The night before serving the ribs, coat them with half of the dry rub. Cover the ribs tightly and refrigerate for 6 hours.

3. About 4 hours before serving, prepare your fire. You'll need a large grill with a cover, good hardwood charcoal, and about 12 cups of wood chips (I like the chips made from whiskey barrels, but choose your own adventure!). Build a stack of charcoal on one side of the grill, ignite it, and let it cook until the coals have turned to fine gray ash.

4. About 1 hour before cooking the ribs, remove them from the refrigerator. Half an hour before cooking ribs, cover about a sixth of the wood chips with water.

5. When ready to cook ribs, place the soaked wood chips on top of the coals. Transfer the meat to the grill, putting the ribs on the opposite side of the grill from the heat source. Cover. Total cooking time will be about 3 hours. Monitor the heat, ideally maintaining it at 210 F; you will need to add more charcoal during the course of the cooking. Every half hour, place another sixth of the wood chips, soaked, on top of the coals. Turn the ribs over every hour. Half an hour before the meat is done, coat it with the remaining dry rub. The meat is done when it is falling off the bones. Let the ribs stand for 10 minutes before cutting them into individual ribs.

6. Nom

Comment

• Haha. I bet ours taste the same when grilled and mine take about half the prep/cook time.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Also, the rub I use my brother makes. Sounds exactly like yours. I let him do all the work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaun Hocken View Post
                            Haha. I bet ours taste the same when grilled and mine take about half the prep/cook time.
                            Are you...

Are you challenging me to a 'rib-off'?

Comment

• Haha. It would be fun. But...it would be my bro and I as we always grill and cook together. But if it was just me, you'd win probably. I'm fucking lazy man.

Comment

• Rib-off it is, bitches.

I'll make both recipes over the next 2 months, and I'll declare a winner. Rob, can you link your recipe plz?
                                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                                X