They Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They Live

I don't care what I'm doing, if I'm flipping through the channels and find this on, I stop immediately and watch. I love this flick. Whenever I put on my sunglasses I always hope to spot some freaky ass alien, but alas, no luck yet. Why the hell hasn't it gotten a great special edition?
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Re: They Live

Originally posted by Ari
    Why the hell hasn't it gotten a great special edition?
    Because there is no fucking justice in this world. This movie is in my top 20 movies of all time. It's just so fucking fantastic. Plus the fight scene in the alley is a work of genius. This movie started my love of Keith David.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I met Keith David once! Hearing that voice put me into a geek frenzy! That man is a god! (Wow I am sounding kinda gay.) As for the movie, it's just so damn fantastic, if I could make sweet love to it, I sure as hell would.

Comment

Goddammit Ari. Is it your goal to drive me in a jealous rage today? Toys out the ass, Boba Fett, Comic-Con, and now Keith David. I need to get up in COD tonight and rape your corpse. Bastard!
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I am being a bitch today, aren't I?

But I work at a movie studio, so meeting Keith David isn't so suprising. Coolest people I've met; Luke Perry, Michael Clark Duncan, and Will Smith. I can't recall the biggest assholes off the top of my head, but I'm sure I could come up with someone.

Comment

Have you even been sexually harassed by a bigname star?

That would be glorious.

Comment

Tom Arnold looked at me kinda oddly a few times. Does that count? I sure felt dirty.

Comment

Haha. Poor Ari. Although I have to give it up to Tom for his turn in True Lies. Still my favorite movie with him in it.

Comment

Here's an odd story for you; I once opened a door for Mel Gibson, a door that had a scanner on it that you needed an ID to open. While a few people in his party thanked me, he stood there looking at me with the most bizarre expression on his face. It was like he wanted to say "Thank you", but sensed I was Jewish so he couldn't spit it out. Those South Park episodes with him in it are a million times funnier to me nowadays.

Comment

HAHAHAHAHA. Fantastical. Good ole crazy Mel.

Comment

If True Lies wasn't your favorite Tom Arnold movie, I'd hate to see what is! The Stupids? Soul Plane? Good fuckin' lord, Tom had better be on his knees everyday he's alive, kissing the feet of James Cameron.

Comment

Well he was pretty awesome in his bit part in Freddy's Dead. But for real, Jim Cameron picked the perfect part for him. Watching him work with Ahnold was great. Not enough love for him in that movie.

Comment

Shit, I forgot about him and Rosanne in Freddy's Dead. Actually, the only thing I remember about that piece of crap was the horrible 3-D scene. Hmmm, I think I just got an idea for a new topic....

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
                            Here's an odd story for you; I once opened a door for Mel Gibson, a door that had a scanner on it that you needed an ID to open. While a few people in his party thanked me, he stood there looking at me with the most bizarre expression on his face. It was like he wanted to say "Thank you", but sensed I was Jewish so he couldn't spit it out. Those South Park episodes with him in it are a million times funnier to me nowadays.
                            I still love this. haha.

But yeah, watched They Live again a few weeks ago, still fucking great. Roddy = cheese perfection

I say bring on the remake, cause I'll always have this in my collection anyways.

Comment

I say bring on the Blu-ray cause this film fucking deserves it.

Comment

Working...
                              X