Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My latest Jukebox boner

I've got a really bad itch to scratch.

I want to buy this Wurlitzer and fix it up. I just can't justify the money based on these few photos.

http://louisville.craigslist.org/for/1692550060.html
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

How far a drive to check it out? $300 seems like a damn fine deal.

Comment

That would be sweet.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
        How far a drive to check it out? $300 seems like a damn fine deal.
        Except it's not in working condition and no mention as to what the problem is exactly. $300 seems a little steep given the current information.
        We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
        - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
          Except it's not in working condition and no mention as to what the problem is exactly. $300 seems a little steep given the current information.
          Yea, well you're talking to the guy that is about ready to drop $5k on this GTO parked in a yard in this shit heel town that may not even have anything under the hood but a dead cat and some weeds.

Comment

I want to see the jukebox fixed up and then for Rickles to re-enact scenes from Happy Days as The Fonz.
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
              Yea, well you're talking to the guy that is about ready to drop $5k on this GTO parked in a yard in this shit heel town that may not even have anything under the hood but a dead cat and some weeds.
              Bad Billy. Bad. Patience. You need some. You can get that price lower.

(with apologies to our Jewish brethren) Summon your inner Jew (or in my case, inner accountant).
              We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
              - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Oh, I'm not saying I can't get it lower, but I would willingly spend that.

Comment

I checked it out. It was about a 30 minute drive.

Smells like soup and cigarettes. It works, but the motorized arm inside of the machine gives me doubts. The thing sticks a lot and the owner was surprised that it was working.

Yes, I did manage to turn it on by giving it a Fonzie Hadouken.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Working...
                  X