HGTV stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HGTV stuff

OK - post about everything that they talk about on HGTV - furniture, paint colors, backsplashes, crown molding, wood floors, etc etc etc

I'm personally in love with backsplashes and I can't wait for the day I can pick out my own. This is one of my favorites right now:

http://www.hgtv.com/home-improvement...ash/index.html

If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

I don't remember which show it was, but I saw a killer counters/backsplash combo on HGTV a while back that I will probably steal.

Counter and splash were glass. The counter was a solid black glass, obviously not regular window pane glass, with some kind of miniature chicken wire under it effect. You could see through the glass, so you could see this cool chicken wire. Then the backsplash was a super bright glass 1x1" tile pattern. It looked amazing.

Do you ever watch House Hunters and imagine how these 23 year old newlyweds are affording $450k homes? Shit drives me insane.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
      I don't remember which show it was, but I saw a killer counters/backsplash combo on HGTV a while back that I will probably steal.

Counter and splash were glass. The counter was a solid black glass, obviously not regular window pane glass, with some kind of miniature chicken wire under it effect. You could see through the glass, so you could see this cool chicken wire. Then the backsplash was a super bright glass 1x1" tile pattern. It looked amazing.

Do you ever watch House Hunters and imagine how these 23 year old newlyweds are affording $450k homes? Shit drives me insane.
      All the time!!! I yell at the TV "What the fuck do you people do for a living?!"
      If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

Those people make me feel horrible about my current lot in life.

"Well, we're looking for a modest house in the range of 700k. You know, nothing too flashy.."

*punches self in dick
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Fuck those people!
          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Billy - have you signed up for the dream house giveaway?

Comment

I watched one episode in Dallas. This woman wanted a bigger home, and they were currently living with their in-laws along with their three kids. She was the typical Republican big haired oil baron wife in a track suit, literally. They went to this STUNNING 3500sq ft house, and she bitched about it not being big enough and being like 5 blocks from the kids school.

Lady, I never lived in a home bigger than 1500 sq ft until I was 17. FUCK YOU.

I also hate the "well we have a budget of $400K, but we would like to stay under $375K. Dude, for $250K I could live basically anywhere in Houston I wanted. I saw a lady last night in Chicago that was like "well I don't want to be house poor, I just want to spend like $300K on a one bedroom apartment."

Comment

I have not signed up for the giveaway. I wanted last year's house in Sonoma. Holy fuck it was amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                  Those people make me feel horrible about my current lot in life.

"Well, we're looking for a modest house in the range of 700k. You know, nothing too flashy.."

*punches self in dick
                  I'm resigned to the fact I will never own a house.

Come on super cool loft.
                  "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

I never want to live where they have the house, but I just figure you win it, sell it and suddenly have more money than you ever thought you would.

Comment

Yea this year's dream house isn't that dreamy. I would just turn it around to first pay the gift taxes, then turn into one of those "I only want to spend $350K, because I don't want to be house poor" people.

And the 27 year old that can afford a lush place in Tokyo and vacation home in Bali? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                        And the 27 year old that can afford a lush place in Tokyo and vacation home in Bali? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
                        I know EXACTLY who you are talking about. I hate that guy.

Comment

Eh, he probably hasn't seen a vagina that he hasn't had to pay for. He can have the sweet house.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Dude is either a drug dealer or was born into money. No one saves that much cash that fast.
                            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                              Eh, he probably hasn't seen a vagina that he hasn't had to pay for. He can have the sweet house.
                              Dude, he's big dick gaijan American with two balla houses. He is getting plenty of school girl tang. HATE HATE HATE

OH! What about the miserable Americans that decide to move to Italy? It's usually some assholes that want "that whole Italian experience" or someone that had family from Italy, speak the language, and aren't annoying. My favorite was this totally fake couple that wanted to move to Italy. They saw this chandelier and go "Oh that's just not authentic Italian it has to go NOW" and the realtor goes "Oh well uh yes actually that is 100% authentic Italian, it was made down in the town and brought up this hill by cart pulled by a donkey" then the couple is all -_-
                              Last edited by BillyG; 02-12-2010, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X