Gene Simmons Family Jewels on A&E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gene Simmons Family Jewels on A&E

Never realized Gene Simmons was so smart and funny. His kids are pretty awesome (and normal). They splice in old home videos of the kids. Well grounded (and once again normal). Never would have thought Gene was such a softie, but you can see the love he has for his kids. Plus Shannon (his girlfriend/former Playmate) is fun to watch too. All in all, this is my new TV crack.

Hands down, best family shown on a reality series.
    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

I can't deal with Gene. Dude comes off like a douche. And so is his wife. Sorry. I'd rather watch the Osbournes.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Really? He is rather dry in his humor, but I never picked up douche. I would best describe them as genuine (as compared with the Osbournes who came across as staged).
      We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

Liked first season or so. Can't stand it now. Seemed genuine at first. Now, very staged.
        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Disappointing. I just started watching the newest season (haven't seen any prior seasons) so I don't have a frame of reference. Damn, and I was wanting to really like Gene.

Comment

I realize Gene has a very well put together family. But I can't stand the constant rubbing our faces in it.
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0CA_wEdgUA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-yHLoQ-yW0
              "Look, fuck you. Fuck the plane you flew in on. Fuck them shoes. Fuck them socks with the belt on it. Fuck your gay ass fairy faggot accent. Fuck them cheap ass cigars. Fuck your yuckmouth teeth. Fuck your hairpiece. Fuck your chocolate. Fuck Guy Ritchie. Fuck Prince William. Fuck the Queen. This is America. My president is black and my Lambo is blue, nigga. Now get the fuck out my hotel room, and if I see you on the street, nigga, I'm slapping the shit out of you."-- Riley Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                Liked first season or so. Can't stand it now. Seemed genuine at first. Now, very staged.
                THIS.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

What's sad is watching the downfall of his son. You see the douchebag nature intertwining with his being and bringing about some sort of ultra-douchebag in the next decade.

It's really sad, but more well-developed than Revenge of the Sith.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

The son? Really? What's going on there?

Comment

Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
                      The son? Really? What's going on there?

Watch the show and you can see the douchebag traits being passed down. It makes a good argument for environment vs. genetic inheritance
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

I'd rather not. I don't think my sanity nor my increasing hobbled tv could take it.

And how douchebag we talking here? We talking normal Hollywood levels or some kind of Criss Angel critical mass?

Comment

I'm not convinced that this show is staged (the little couch sessions are staged but that's obviously shot in post-production). Definitely tightly controlled in post-production.

Comment

Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
                            I'd rather not. I don't think my sanity nor my increasing hobbled tv could take it.

And how douchebag we talking here? We talking normal Hollywood levels or some kind of Criss Angel critical mass?

Approaching Criss Angel levels, but resting comfortably in Speidi land.

Comment

Doesn't every episode consist of Gene coming up with yet another way to shill for KISS?

And that doesn't sound good Pauline. We could reach some kind of douche meltdown. We just can't take that chance.

Comment

Working...
                              X