No announcement yet.

ISSA GOTDAMN WEEKEEEEEND THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to start doing them heavy squats, Matt.

Comment

• I also did some heavy lifting this weekend. Put a 450 lb granite countertop up on an entertainment center we moved from the living room. Soon the gym will be complete!

Comment

• Cool for the TV, Tim!

And yay for the money, Matt! Fuck dental, buy a cheap Chinese chiropractor salve-child!
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
          Time to start doing them heavy squats, Matt.
          Oh, I have been at the gym. That's probably what saved me.

I did the dead lift of my FiL right, though. Back straight, all legs. He wasn't putting any effort into getting picked up, so I ended up yelling at him to fucking help. On that third try, he put a little bit of effort into getting his legs underneath him at least.

If nothing else, I impressed the people around me that I was able to get him up. After the second try, a cook and I each took an arm and tried to get him up that way...no success, mainly because my FiL wasn't trying and was just being dead weight.

Fucker's 89. He won't make 90.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
            Oh, I have been at the gym. That's probably what saved me.

I did the dead lift of my FiL right, though. Back straight, all legs. He wasn't putting any effort into getting picked up, so I ended up yelling at him to fucking help. On that third try, he put a little bit of effort into getting his legs underneath him at least.

If nothing else, I impressed the people around me that I was able to get him up. After the second try, a cook and I each took an arm and tried to get him up that way...no success, mainly because my FiL wasn't trying and was just being dead weight.

Fucker's 89. He won't make 90.
            Here's the thing: lifting dead mass and a live fucker is 2 very different things. The live fucker will ALWAYS weight more than what the same dead weight would.

Comment

• Well, I've always found that it's easier to lift someone who WANTS to be lifted vs just sits there as a damned lump.
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• nice tv Tim!

not a bad weekend. Ran some errands on Saturday, picked up some new lawn furniture, cleaned and fixed our grill, then drank beer outside and grilled up bacon cheeseburgers. Took Fahey for a walk and overall just enjoyed the ridiculously warm weather.

Yesterday we went out to the Moose, found out our neighbor works there, and drank a b unch of cheap bloodys and had brunch.

Took today off and am currently waiting for my new phone to arrive. Lesley got hers on Friday and holy fuck is it beautiful. My old iPhone looks so fucking quaint next to it. The Edge stuff is cool as fuck too. Can't wait for my VR headset to arrive in the mail.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I messed with a Gear VR some on Saturday night. It's cool, but the lack of real input controls hurts what else you can do with it. The goosebumps thing was a lost opportunity.

Comment

• Did you play with a bluetooth controller too? That makes it pretty sweet for what it is.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Congrats, Matt on the 6K and hooking up your wife with the dental stuff! Treat yourself to this - after what you went through with your FiL, you more than deserve it (Mental note: Never fuck with Matt. Dude's jacked like the Hulk, yo.)

Billy, you NEED a 60". Or even better, this. It's a moral imperative and stuff.

Digger, Rerb, Martin, Matt, Billiam, etc., all y'all here, more than welcome to come over, watch some TV with me and Jen. Y'all have been through some shit, so I'm reaching out. And I'll even ask Rob to order pizzas with his spiffy new phone!

Comment

• No, Rob does not get to order pizza in my house! I'll cook for all of you!
                        Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• You must let him experience REAL Jersey style pizza at least ONCE, though. Make his midwestern existence seem hollow forever after.
                          I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Here's the deal: the wife and I are hoping...HOPING...to do an East coast trip some time in the near future (we actually talked about it this weekend for a bit). If that happens, I really hope that I can meet up with you guys. I'm also hoping that we can include Montreal in that trip (and it's very possible, especially if we do Niagara Falls) so that I can party with the Savage one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                              Did you play with a bluetooth controller too? That makes it pretty sweet for what it is.
                              Didn't have that. Interesting, didn't know it existed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                Here's the deal: the wife and I are hoping...HOPING...to do an East coast trip some time in the near future (we actually talked about it this weekend for a bit). If that happens, I really hope that I can meet up with you guys. I'm also hoping that we can include Montreal in that trip (and it's very possible, especially if we do Niagara Falls) so that I can party with the Savage one.
                                oh yeah!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X