Shaking the FLOP stench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaking the FLOP stench

There's usually an internet 'spider-sense' regarding whether or not a film will flop or not. Look at JOHN CARTER last year: people were predicting that it would flop before the first preview trailer even hit.

Coming up, we've got the following films:
    HANSEL AND GRETEL: WITCH HUNTERS
    JACK AND THE BEANSTALK
    G.I. JOE: RETALIATION

now, we also have THE LONE RANGER creeping into the 'yeah, it's gonna flop' mindset.

What can be done for these films to avoid their own self-fulfilling prophecies of gloom and doom?
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Add Natalie Portman to the trailers. She doesn't even have to be in the movie, just add her to the fucking trailer.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

GI Joe Retaliation got yanked at the last minute by the studio. Paramount saw it and wretched. This is the same studio that put out Marci X without any qualms.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

What can be done to remove the sense of doom about THE LONE RANGER? What has worked in the past when similar situations have arisen?
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
          What can be done to remove the sense of doom about THE LONE RANGER? What has worked in the past when similar situations have arisen?

Here's the thing about The Lone Ranger and it all ties back to Verbinski. The dude is a cult director who gets big budgets. He's directed a Terry Gilliam style trilogy about a Disney amusement ride. He's remade Chinatown with desert animals. Plus, random other assortments.

The dude doesn't play it normal.

However, he over-relies on Depp to support him and help to secure those budgets. If this bombs, his entire approach will change. It also pushes him back towards Bioshock.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Originally posted by Anderson View Post
            However, he over-relies on Depp to support him and help to secure those budgets. If this bombs, his entire approach will change. It also pushes him back towards Bioshock.
            Soon.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

If you want an idea of how troubled Lone Ranger is, the logo is Depp wearing the Lone Ranger mask. Not Armie Hammer.
              Originally posted by Ari
              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Working...
              X