Product Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product Reviews

I do a ton of research before buying shit but at the end of the day the random reviews on the intarwebs are not always reliable. For the most part everyone here has a decent head on their shoulders and I'd be interested in hearing your opinions or reviews of products I might be buying or that you might be buying.*

I'll start off with a few basic reviews. Chime in with any recommendations or questions. Plus any product reviews of shit you have recently bought...

- Apple In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic: So, I bought these on Friday...read a ton of reviews of how great they worked and how great the sound is. Honestly for the most part this is true. For the price (about $80 plus tax) it is a solid headset with good sound quality. I am using the headset on an iPhone 3GS.

The mic/remote which can control answering and ending calls, skip songs, start and stop music and control volume is great and very functional, however the placement is fucking teh suck. The mic/remote (on me) sits at about chin level which is great for phone usage but horrible for using the remote. In addition the cable is quite short, it seemed as if it were strained when I had it connected to the phone in my pocket. It should be noted that the cable is the typical Apple cable, which is white and very thin and from my experience very fragile.

Moving on...The set comes in a really cool package that has a detangler case for the headphones as well as a pod for the extra ear flanges. Included in the box are the headset, 2 replacement screens, and three sets of flanges (S, M & L)...I have big ears, so I used the large and got a really great/comfortable fit. The large flanges actually established a great seal and blocked a ton of outside noise. With a great fit I was able to really discern the different sounds and ranges of the music (tested with rock, hip hop and a few podcasts). However, as great as the music sounded I had a horrible time using the phone. The calls were not at all crisp and apparently people could not here me either. When using the phone without the headset in the same location I did not have these problems. Another huge issue is what seems like a light electric shock from the headphones. While the set was idle in my ear I received about 10-15 zaps which was weird as the headset is less than 4 days old. I have noticed this problem in older headsets that have been exposed to years of sweat/moisture.

All in all if you are looking for a decent set, I would not recommend this pair (I will be returning these today and hopefully upgrading to these). If you are a true audiophile/have a ton of disposable income you would probably buy an more expensive/higher end set. If you don't really care and you just want functionality you would probably just use the stock set. Final conclusion: Apple produced a good basic upgrade headset, but I can assure you that over a short period of time this set will breakdown quicker than Courtney Love....30% APPROVED

*If this thread already exists please redirect me...Cheers!
    Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

TL;DR. Is this spam? Is it time to banhammer Bryan?
    The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Hahahahahaha
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

FUCK...Just trying to write some shit...FFS

Comment

Yeah, heaven forbid he review tech in THE TECH THREAD!
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Its still funny.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Perhaps
              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

No perhaps about it. Nerdious typed some funny shit. Now put yourbig girl panties on & stop crying.

Comment

So did anyone find any value in this?

Comment

I dig it but less words and more pictures, please.
                    The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Originally posted by B Grande View Post
                      So did anyone find any value in this?
                      All bullshit to the side B it was useful as fuck and has the pertinent information. I'd read more if you were more concise like nerdious said. Also you gotta admit, his joke was funny.

Comment

I dug it B, but I couldn't get beyond $80 earbuds.

Comment

It was indeed hilarious...just didn't know if I should continue with more shit. But the feedback is great. Will hook that up for the next one.

Comment

Looking to buy a USB headset with mic to skype/record shows if necessary...any recommendations? I am looking at these:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-981-0...292198&sr=1-13

or

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-JUG-...4292198&sr=1-7

Comment

Just bought this on Woot for like $9 shipped...any thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                              X