No announcement yet.

Behold! The Power of Cheese!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I type this, I am enjoying some fresh ricotta purchased from Wegman's, which I'm pairing with a Joseph Brau Brewing Co. Dunkelweizen. There is a growing movement to start pairing beer with cheese (something the Germans and Belgians have apparently been doing for centuries). I'm all for this, as I love beer and cheese in equal measure. The above was suggested in a special pullot from an issue of "Culture", a cheese focused magazine I found in (where else?) the Wegman's cheese section two trips ago. The ricotta is from the local boys at the Antonio Mozzarella Factory in Springfield, NJ (fresh Rocotta must be purchased w/in a few days of making, or it loses a lot of its character). God, this stuff is GOOD. Light, airy, creamy & fresh tasting. No citrus notes as you can reportedly get w/ some fresh ricottas, but a clean, delicious milky flavor. It really pairs well with the clean crispness of the beer. If all you know of ricotta is the Polly-O stuff in the plastic tubs, you NEED to do yourself the favor of checking out some locally made, artisanal fresh ricotta. With or without the beer, as is or as an ingredient in your cooking. . . TRUST me on this. You'll love it.
    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

I hadn't had Gorgonzola in awhile. But I decided to buy a wedge & try pairing it with some brews. So far, I tried it with Stone Imperial Russian Stout. It went well with it, accentuating the smoky, spicy notes of the beer. BUt i disliked the strongest element of the beer's flavor, its thick, coffee-like character. So it wasn't the ultimate cheese/beer pairing ever. However, I've gort more cheese left, and will be pairing it with some Stone Ruination IPA very soon.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

Oh guys, I wish I could take you cheese shopping with me. Our new grocery store has a massive, and I mean massive, cheese shop. With a couple of cheese experts on hand to help in picking out your cheese. I have yet to buy anything really special, because no prices are marked. If you gotta ask, and all that.

Comment

Check out this website: http://grilledcheeseacademy.com/

Many glorious recipes for grilled cheese sandwiches. I want to try The Green Acre. Yum.
          If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

So last night I grabbed a wedge of Blue Stilton, as all of you fine gentleman have been crying its virtues. HOLY SHIT. So good. Extremely rich. I had some by itself and some on some delicious flavored crackers. My girlfriend could only eat it on the crackers because of how strong the flavor was, she needed to cut it somehow. I could have had the whole damn wedge, but at $16 a pound I had to limit myself. I would LOVE to make a salmon quesadilla covered with it though.

Comment

*rubs hands together*

Excellent...

Comment

Wait til you try roquefort. . .

Comment

How much is that going to run me?

Comment

Originally posted by Lesley View Post
                    Check out this website: http://grilledcheeseacademy.com/

Many glorious recipes for grilled cheese sandwiches. I want to try The Green Acre. Yum.
                    Oh, god, that is fabulous!
                    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

GUYS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlTCkNkfmRY

"Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                      *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Y-E-S

Comment

WANT.

Made some grilled cheese sammiches w/ Italian bread & fontina, some w/ Irish cheddar, & some w/ Vella dry Jack on Sunday. So. fucking. good.

Comment

Yea Imma make that this weekend, but with jalpano jack too.

Comment

Grilled cheese: I'll take things I need in my life RITE NAO!!! for a $1000 Alex.
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Gonna have some grilled cheese goodness Saturday at my mom-in-laws. Wif bacon. And beer. Everyone else is having mac and cheese.

Comment

Working...
                                X