500 Favorite Foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by V View Post
    Buying especially if you throw a 'Hey, Paisan!' at the clerk when paying for it...
    ">
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• I'm not a fan of the regular Arrogant Bastard; is the Oaked really that much different? I've avoided trying it based on my dislkie of the regular, but I like most of the rest of Stobne's output enough that I've wavered & considered it a few times.

And Vin: what are your thoughts on cooking with chianti? Also, DOES it go well with liver & fava beans (I KNOW you must have tried this)?
      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Chianti goes well with everything, but it also goes very well with organ meats.

As for cooking with it, I always add wine to my tomato sauce. Either chianti or a very strong Valpolicella(a sort of Italian burgundy).

Comment

• 385.Clausen Dill Pickles
          Look, the pickles in the big barrel at your locally owned mom and pop deli are great. They really are. Sometimes, though, a national brand is a huge seller because it's that fucking good. Crisp, vinegary tart, insanely garlicy, fairly salty, and with just enough dill punch, Clausen's Kosher Dill Pickles are the pinnacle in all things pickley.
          "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
          - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
          http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
          http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Gotta give props to the Claussen, but Vlasic ain't no slouch, neithuh.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• 386. Shrimp en fuego fettuccini from Outback. Got this a couple of weeks ago and have been thinking about it ever since. Could have used a few more/bigger shrimp, but spicy as hell and tasty to boot!
              Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• 387. Cinnamon Pumpkin cookies from Cheryl & Co in Columbus. Pumpkin cookie with a cinnamon buttercream icing. They're seasonal, so I have to wait until August/September to get the. Soooo worth the wait.
                Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• 388. Campbell's Chicken & Farfalle in Pesto Sauce A simple, easy to prepare dish, made w/ bow tie (or any other small) pasta, cubed chicken breast, butter, pesto sauce & Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup. Ridiculously good for how simple it is to make.

Comment

• 389. The O. Henry Bar OK, so maybe it's not the Gift of the Magi or anything, because Baby Ruths are so much better. But they're nothing to sneeze at. Same basic formula, their greatest flaw is their teeny tiny size.

Comment

• 390. Chipwiches Had one of these for the 1st time in years last night & was reminded how damned good they really are. Canilla ice cream sandwiched between 2 chocolate chip cookies, rolled on their sides in chocolate chips. Can it get much better? I. Think. NOT.

Comment

• 391. Slow Smoked Ribs With Powderpuff Rib Rub Yet another Steve Raichlen recipe, this one's heavy on the paprika and celery salt, with some garlic flakes for atmosphere. Not hot, but very, very flavorful, and only 4 or 5 ingredients, if memory serves. His basic is maybe abit better because it brings the heat a bit more, but these are a damned fine change of pace.

Comment

• 391. Pork Chops With Texas Sprinkle Yet ANOTHER Raichlen recipe, this one is heavy on the black & white pepper, and salt. What nakes it really unique is the ground cracker meal, which gives food a nicely seared crust. Its main destination is steak, but on pork chops cooked to the point where they are still moist & have just the faintest trace of pink in the center. . . divine.

Comment

• 392. Cheesy Taco CheezIt Grooves
                            Tried these for the first time this weekend and holy fuck. They legit taste like a goddamn beef taco with cheese and lettuce. So goddamn good. May end up usurping the Extra Toasty CheezIt flavor for my favorite.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                            X