No announcement yet.

Netflix is trying to take over the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blockbuster - Only bittersweet moment about this is a friend of mine is looking at unemployment when the culling starts. Still, I'm amazed Blockbuster's held on for so long as it is.

RE: Barnes and Noble - wow. Did not know anything about this.

Comment

Yeah, B&N's pretty screwed. My roommate's worried because she just started working there and they're paring down positions here and there. I told her just to stick with it and keep looking for something better.
      "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
      *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

They're closing down an assload of B&Ns in NYC. The one on 22nd & 5th has been gone for a few years now - still sitting empty, too. They just closed up the one on 66th and Broadway, and I think I heard something about the one on Union Square closing, too. They just can't afford the rents, the landlords are forcing them right out of Manhattan.
        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Whoa. We have two B&N within easy driving distance (a Borders, too). Aways picked up something whenever I visit, and both are great places to kick back and read stuff.

Hope they both stay for as long as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
            B&N could end up having more shares bought by Gamestop. That would be such a fucked up turn of events that says so much about this country.
            You're right, it really does say a lot about this country. When I lived in Forest Hills, the mall in my neighborhood (Queens Center Mall, holla!) was the first mall ever - and I grew up in NJ, land of a million malls - EVER, that didn't have a book store. It was chock full of cell phone places, gaming stores, any kind of cheap electronic piece of junk, tons of tacky bling-bling jewelry stores - those places had the lion's share. But no book stores. No pun intended, but it absolutely spoke volumes about the clientele who shopped there. In fact, they did give a bookstore a try - in the spring of 1999, they opened up a Walden Books (I bought my copy of "Wicked" there), but it closed down in six months. SIX MONTHS - they couldn't even drum up enough business, they couldn't get the cro-magnons who shop at that mall, to take interest in honest to god reading to stay afloat for longer than six months.
            2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

lalalalalalalalalalalalala I'm not seeing anyone post bad news about B&N. lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala
              We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
              - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Ewww books
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                X