No announcement yet.

Cooking Tips and Tricks Megathread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to peel a head of garlic in less than 10 seconds.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Cool,I usually do it a bit with the side of a knife blade
      “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.”

Comment

Totally, but when working with a whole bulb that video seems like it would help.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Damn,now some Garlic Shrimp in butter sauce sounds yummy
          “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.”

Comment

Holy crap! That is genius!
            Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

Ya fuckin' donkey...

Comment

Just passing this along. Now,I'm hungry

http://www.budget101.com/frugal/copy...e-recipes-163/

Comment

Now I want to have sex with that website.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Pork shoulder for pulled pork: fat side up or down?
                    Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

Up, always up. Let the fat cook down and flavor the shoulder. SO GOOD. Don't be afraid to go in at around 6-7 hours and use a spoon to spread some of the melted fat back across the top of the shoulder. So much flavor in the fat plus the rub, it adds to it big time.

Comment

cook it for 2 hours a pound as well. NO MORE

Comment

Yeah, that's super important.

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
                            cook it for 2 hours a pound as well. NO MORE
                            SO SAY WE ALL
                            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Speaking of which, how long should one cook a brisket on an indirect heat smoker? I usually average bet. 250 - 300 degrees.
                              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

I would think it kind of depends on how large a brisket but don't hold me to it as I'm not an expert on brisket.

EDIT: Most recipes seem to say between 11-12 hrs @ 225. remember slow & low
                                Last edited by B_Metal; 04-21-2012, 08:11 PM.
                                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X