Beer. Beer. And more beer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
    We split a growler of Southern Bombshell Blonde. Not sure that it's available widely, they make it in a small brewery in Conroe, TX. Shit is goooooooooooooood.
    Is this them?
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• One in the same!

Comment

• Huzzah! Although it sucks they can't tell you where to buy their shit. Texas and it's retarded laws.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Yeah, retarded distribution bullshit. Specs keeps it always.

Comment

• Cool. May give them a go when able to.

Comment

• Tried some shit called Horny Goat last night. I bought it more for the joke effect the name would have (as I went to a strip club w/ some freinds). Pretty much tasted like goat piss. Drinkable, but just barely. Bitter, w/ no redeeming, balancing malt, and no good citrus/pine hops flavor to make the bitterness enjoyable.
              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• I only drink beer from this now.

Comment

• Drinking a Woodchuck hard apple cider. The pear is MUCh better.

Comment

• I've never drunk them side by side, but I recall liking Woodchuck apple cider a lot. Much better than Woodpecker.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• The apple is super sweet, the pear isn't quite as sweet. Apple is good though, now that I'm on my 3rd.

Comment

• http://blog.chron.com/beertx/2011/08...-saint-arnold/

New St. Arnold! NEW ST. ARNOLD! I want it inside me.

Comment

• We went up to the Ace Pear cider brewery in Sebastopol, CA. Got some growlers of some dope ass cider. Pick it up when and where you can.
                          Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• I've been auditioning Oktoberfests for this year's Hallowe'en night traditional evening quaff. he 1st one I tried was Saranc's. I generally really like Saranac products, and the fact it comes from Upstate NY, where I went to college (it is in fact brewed in Utica, home of my alma mater), has made me somewhat partial to it. but this offering was somewhat disappointing. It was pretty watery, and not at ll the strongly flavored brew one expects from a good Marzen. This one won't be getting a call back.

Comment

• Drinking some Stone 15th Anniversary Imperial Black IPA as I write this. Good stuff, but not sufficiently different from previous Stone offerings to make me jump up and down over it. It's got a nice, smoky hop flavor up front, but it's a little bitter (so my quest for something that replicates Sam Adams' Scotch Ale cntinues). Truth to tell, the smoked Porter is MUCH better example of a smoky hoppy ale, IMO. But at 10.5% ABV, it gets ya happy pretty quick. Not worth a repeat buy, but a fine one to try once.

Comment

• tried some Sierra Nevada Tumbler (their autumn seasonal) last week. I was a bit underwhelmed. Very, very bitter, with little to no detectable malt to balance it out. Sometimes ya gotta have a bitter beer, but a good IPA would probably serve that need better, IMO. This did have the added dimension of a roasted, smoky component to it, but it was most evident on the aftertaste, and didn't really compliment the bitter; they came off like 2 unpleasant tastes that didn't taste great together. Edited to add: I guess, all that having been said, that I could see how one could conceivably appreciate this on a cold autumn/winter night. IF you're a fan of strongly bitter beer, that is.

Comment

Working...
                                X