Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HA HA!

Hope to hell he didn't backwash
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Jake gonna get homeless HEP-C.

Comment

• Went to dinner at the Adirondack Brewpub last night. Ordered a 6 beer sampler, and almost all of them were very good (the coffee based stout being a notable exception). The hefeweizen and Bear Naked brown were exceptonal. They recently added package goods to their repertoire and I took home a 6 of the hefeweizen. One of the best examples of its kind, w/ notes of banana on the finish. Crisp, clean & refreshing. I then ordered a beer that was essentially one of their Fat Scotsman ales (which I really like to begin with) extra aged in bourbon casks. It took on strong notes of vanilla and coconut. I was hoping to recapture the joy of a similar beer I had at the Anchorage Brewpub 3 years ago. This one fell a bit short, because the sweet notes added by the bourbon cask aging, on top of a malt heavy beer, was a little cloying. Had to drink this one slow. Drinking it fast would have had me yarking, I think. Good, but the Anchorage was much better because it was much more balanced. Their hearts were in the right place. The Bea Naked brown ale was also very good (but I fear I can't recall why). Only one I didn't like was the coffe stout. I fucking LOVE this place. Dinner there is now officially a Lake George tradition.
        I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Shiner Light Blonde - Tastes like water. AVOID.
          Southern Bombshell Blonde - Brewed in Conroe, Texas. Delicious. Wish it came in bottle as well as cans. I don't like feeling like a hipster when I drink.
          St. Arnold Summer Pils - Very crisp citrus taste when it hits your lips, but when it gets down into your guts it hits like a hefeweizen. Delicious.
          St. Arnold Brown Ale - Their "British stout." Our cousins from across the water can keep this shit. Not for me.
          St. Arnold Weedwacker - A variant of Lawnmower. So much better. So very very very much better. Lawnmower is/was my favorite beer and it has been usurped.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
            St. Arnold Weedwacker - A variant of Lawnmower. So much better. So very very very much better. Lawnmower is/was my favorite beer and it has been usurped.
            *knows he won't see that anytime soon*
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Can't watch Youtube at el trabajo but let me quoth thine Lizards.

I want to put my dick in it. I want it to put its dick in me.

Comment

• It's just Saul Silver crying and eating a burger on the swing set.

It sums up how I feel.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Old Chicago starts a new mini-tour tonight w/free grub. It's a microbrews of America theme. Pumped.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Bought a 6 of Beach Bum Blonde Ale over the holiday weekend. Figured a light, wheat beer type brew would be the ticket for a hot day. I didn't realize until I got it home & prepared to open the 1st one that it was one of those Anheuser Busch/Michelob "artisan" beers. I was instantly a little let down, but figured I bought it, so I might as well drnk it. To my surprise, it was actually really good. Light & refreshing, with nice, understated & never cloying malt up front, with some nice spice on the finish. One of the best summer brews I've had in a long while. I didn't think AB had it in them. I'd definitely buy more of these.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Taproom No. 21 Moe's Backroom Amber Ale. Quite tasty. Along the same lines as Amber Bock, but slightly lighter in flavor.
                      Chose this one because it was off the beaten path without being a Belgian wheat or similar, which are all over the place this time of year.
                      Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Drinking some lagunitas Maximus IPA's. This beer is all about overkill, and proud of it. Hops bitters hit you 1st, and are very strong. Then malty sweetness, also very, very strong, comes in and supplants the hops. But the aftertaste close on its heels is very bitter. Perhaps just a little too much so. Definitely not bad, but not as good as, say, a Stone Runation.

Comment

• Currently enjoying a Leinenkugel Summer Shandy. The lemon is evident as soon as you open the bottle. Quite tasty, very mild and smooth and the lemon flavor is very pronounced.
                          Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• I had some friends over last weekend & asked them what kind of beer they'd like to drink. They advised me to get a case of Shiner Bock. Now, this isn't bad for a domestic beer by any stretch. Kind of reminds me of Rolling Rock (which I've always been partial to), in that it's very light and refreshing, and goes down very smoothly. Still, I think it lacks character and isn't a beer I'd drink if I want to really enjoy a beer for its own merits. I would, however, buy it in lieu of Corona to get a buzz on on a hot sunny day.

Comment

• You'd do just fine in Texas.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• We split a growler of Southern Bombshell Blonde. Not sure that it's available widely, they make it in a small brewery in Conroe, TX. Shit is goooooooooooooood.

Comment

Working...
                                X