• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
    Trust me.
    With your shifty eyes?
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

I kid.

Unless Abrams is directing, always be concerned if you see Lindelof listed as the writer.
      Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Once they flashed this in the last trailer I pretty much gave up all hope if anything new.

Spoiler: warning: actual alien 

Comment

The design work is 50% awesome and 50% atrocious. So frustrating.
          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
            BUT HOW DOES IT LOOK? Awesome, right? yeah, awesome.
            It does. In IMAX it was beautiful and the 3D really is worth it.
            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Thanks for fucking up my weekend Ben.
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

I still loved it, but I'm finding the people that are hating it to be far more fascinating.

I already feel myself backing off my presumptive Best of 2011 comment a few hours after seeing it. But, it's definitely in my Top 10 so far.

If you're expecting Alien, you're not getting Alien. If anything, I'm far more interested in what Ridley Scott did on camera than anything else. Can you accuse of him working from an undercooked script? Sure, but that's half of the man's career.

Still, I'd watch it over Aliens or Alien Resurrection.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

I do like the argument that it makes a better Dead Space movie than Alien.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

Thanks for un-fucking my weekend, Troy.

Comment

• Ridley the stylist showed up. But there's no getting around that this IS in the Alien franchise and right now comes in under Alien 3 as a cohesive, dramatic narrative for me.
                      Last edited by Ben Thomas; 06-01-2012, 01:51 AM.

Comment

• Alien 3 is still pure garbage for me, and is only beaten by the masterful clusterfuck that is Alien Ressurection.

Prometheus is THAT shitty?

Comment

• Script-wise, for sure. There's one semi-decent set piece I suppose, but the characters are jobs not people; the dialogue is bland and perfunctory; the design is all over the place; the story 'twists' are dumb; motivations are hazy to say the least and it lacks tension, suspense or thrills.

So yeah, I'll take Alien 3 over this. I doubt I'll ever watch Prometheus again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                            Alien 3 is still pure garbage for me,
                            I feel bad mang.

Alien 3 is way better than people give it credit for.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• was this shot in 3d or is it post?
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
                                was this shot in 3d or is it post?

FOX says shot in it. It looked like it to me (but I'm a bad judge for most of that shit).

As it stands, I fully expect the response to Prometheus to be split right down the line. You're either going to love it or hate it. Still, I'm enjoying the usual suspects coming out of the woodwork and pooping on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X