Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Horse Comics did some sequels to 'Aliens' (this was Pre 'Alien 3') that were pretty good. Why FOX didn't use those to at least 'inspire' their sequels is beyond me.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Lords of Dogtown. Seen it once before, and liked it, watching it a second time makes the performances stand out a bit more. Really good movie. And Ledger is totally channeling Val Kilmer.

Comment

• Originally posted by MattMN View Post
        Dark Horse Comics did some sequels to 'Aliens' (this was Pre 'Alien 3') that were pretty good. Why FOX didn't use those to at least 'inspire' their sequels is beyond me.
        THIS.

Comment

• Jeunet was so out of his depth on that film, he should have used a sonar.

I'm not knocking him, he's a superior filmmaker. Amelie, Delicatessen, and City Of Lost Children are some of my favorite films...

But the script he had to work with... gah!

A swimming pool full of Simoniz could not polish that turd.

Comment

• It does have its moments, though. Even though NOBODY could hold their breath that long, the underwater sequence is pretty exciting. Also, the scene where Ripley finds all of the prior clones is well done. The rest is unfocused, tonally wrong garbage.

Side note: the over-the-head basketball shot was REAL. The behind-the-scenes footage on the filming of that sequence is more entertaining than the film itself.
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by MattMN View Post
              Side note: the over-the-head basketball shot was REAL. The behind-the-scenes footage on the filming of that sequence is more entertaining than the film itself.
              Saw that, and that shot she made was AMAZING.

Comment

• Nothin' but net...swiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish.

I can't blame Sigourney for fighting for NO CGI TOUCH-UPS on that shot. That was a once in a lifetime happening, and I'd want it, unaltered, in the final film as well.

Comment

• Damn straight - it was a pure moment, and any visual trickery would ruin it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                    She is AMAZING.
                    Yeah. She is.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
                      I just went to see Mike Leigh's latest, Another Year. So beautifully observed. Someone should just knight Jim Broadbent already, cos he's probably the best living British actor of his generation. You guys stateside might not get to see this film til next year, but if its playing at an arts cinema near you, definitely check it out. Its a film of small moments, but the final section (Winter - the film is broken up by season chapter marks) is incredibly, quietly moving.

Expect to see a lot of noms for this over the next few months, if not at the Oscars, certainly the BAFTAs. Especially for Lesley Manville, who has the "big" character of the film, even if she's not the centre.
                      Leigh. Broadbent. My angloballs are on fire.

Also: saw a little of the documentary on Cropsey last night. Staten Island seems to have had it's own private Ohio back in the day...

(apologies to Lord and Lady Greybush)
                      Last edited by Captain Russ; 11-13-2010, 09:55 AM.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
                        Jeunet was so out of his depth on that film, he should have used a sonar.
                        Ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!
                        "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Apocalypse Now: Redux on instant view.

I'll FINALLY be able to watch this movie without trouble.
                          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Skyline.

DON'T EVER!
                            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Wow, this French Plantation scene while beautiful really SLOWS the movie down.
                              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Re-Animator and Punisher: War Zone again last night and this morning, respectively. They're part of the filmic branch of "Just Keeps Getting Better", like Winona Ryder and the practical effects in The Thing.
                                "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                                X