The Pacific

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pacific

If this is anywhere near a good as Band of Brothers, then sweet. Been waiting a year for this.

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M5Z6-DihMM0&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M5Z6-DihMM0&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Time to order HBO again. Are they doing this in HD too? I might have to take the plunge for an HD converter box.
    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I'm definitely checking this out. I originally missed watching Band of Brothers, and am resolved not to make that mistake again.

Comment

I've never watched Band of Brothers. I hate WWII shit. Well I don't hate it, but I was epically burned out by the time it hit. Worth going through for someone that doesn't give a shit?
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

You have never seen Band of Brothers? Time for some neg rep.

Comment

Rob FAILS. Hard. I can understand being burnt out on WWII flicks (kinda) but this series is great. Granted I'm not a huge war movie/series person myself but WWII is my weakness. I've spent hours on the History Channel watching their WWII docs.
            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

The best thing to come from America's WW2 fetish is Band of Brothers. By like a bazillion.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                The best thing to come from America's WW2 fetish is Band of Brothers. By like a bazillion.
                Ahem...

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                  You have never seen Band of Brothers? Time for some neg rep.
                  Oh I realize I apparently fail. But I've never been huge into war/military type movies/television. If this is on blu, I'll give it a chance.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Band of Brother is not a war series. It's a story about men on a mission in a horrible situation that happens to be war, and how they are fucking badasses, pussies, heroes, cowards, and how cool it must have been to take over Hitler's private vacation home. To call it a war show is being short sighted.

Comment

But it's the setting for this awesome show. The setting of anything makes a huge difference. I know that this is an awesome show (it's not like I'm comparing this to Sliders), it's just that I'm not sure if I'm in the mood to get into another show at the moment. But I'll talk to my bro and grab the set from him this weekend hopefully. Give "updates from a n00b".

Comment

Also, thanks for the tag Howard I added a better one.

Comment

Couldn't resist. There aren't too many opportunities where that tag can be legitimately used. The one you added is good too. Except now I want to watch Up! again.

Comment

Up! wasn't as good as everyone said either.

Comment

Goddamnit Rob. Lies and slanders.

Comment

Working...
                              X