No announcement yet.

Grunge/all music you listened to in the 90's and might still now: the era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought I liked grunge...I'm not worthy to post here. STP, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, AIC, Sonic Youth and Soundgarden are about as far as I got..
    Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

The Vasolines are also fantastical.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Yeah what he said.

Comment

I like the music stuff you people speak of. Nirvana makes me happy, STP does too. I have one Soundgarden album, and I do say I like it. I like Smashing Pumpkins, they make me happy. I like the Pearl Jam cause they make me kinda happy, but Alice in Chains make me happy too. Sonic Youth has music too, that makes me happy. Other bands also make me happy, maybe they make you happy too?
          Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
          John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

I was going to say Pearl Jam. Can't believe I forgot them in the first post.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

TAD

And I still cant believe you dont like early Hole??? Do you think Courtney killed Kurt?
              "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

Originally posted by ScooterLaBeef View Post
                TAD

And I still cant believe you dont like early Hole??? Do you think Courtney killed Kurt?
                Directly or indirectly, yes.

Comment

Yeah, fuck Courtney. Wether she pulled the trigger, hired some to pull the trigger, or nudged Kurt, she was most certainly involved somehow. And even now she makes money off of him. While I've unfortunately helped this process (I wanted his journals dammit!!!) she's still a fucking cunt.

And TAD is decent. I don't own anything by them or anything.

Comment

Ahhh, so now I know why. I also hate Courtney, she's a nasty bitch but I guess are views are different when it comes to great early grunge and a suicide/murder that we will never know the truth of I guess.

Nirvana is in my top 3 of favorite bands and I own the complete discography and many collectibles but I think the fame just came way too fast for him and suicide was his outlet... I hate hearing how Courtney was some how involved.
                    "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

Comment

Ari, how does grunge make you happy?

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                        I was going to say Pearl Jam. Can't believe I forgot them in the first post.
                        Now there I could see saying only the first two were good. Maybe even only VS. That was a great record.
                        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ScooterLaBeef View Post
                          Ahhh, so now I know why. I also hate Courtney, she's a nasty bitch but I guess are views are different when it comes to great early grunge and a suicide/murder that we will never know the truth of I guess.

Nirvana is in my top 3 of favorite bands and I own the complete discography and many collectibles but I think the fame just came way too fast for him and suicide was his outlet... I hate hearing how Courtney was some how involved.
                          The smack probably didn't help.
                          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

And many anti-depressants

Comment

Grunge makes me happy cause when I hear the music (only the good stuff) I like it, and liking things make people happy. Sometimes I sing along to the music (lalalalala) and that makes me happy cause I know the lyrics and pretend I can actually sing. Bees like flowers, fish like water, rednecks like cousins, and I like grunge. It just makes the world a happy place.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                                Now there I could see saying only the first two were good. Maybe even only VS. That was a great record.
                                Them's some fighting words. But we shall agree to disagree on STP and Pearl Jam

Comment

Working...
                                X