Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Troof.

Comment

Every time one of these goddamn threads pops up, I always draw a blank.

My vote would go to Arcade Fire, The Funeral. Pretty fucking great record right there. Probably close to perfect as I can come up with right now.
      Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

Supertramp: 'Breakfast in America'

You've heard the hits (and there are many) off of this album. What you haven't heard are the rest of the songs...songs that COULD have been hits. 'Casual Conversations' is maybe the only weak link, and even THAT is quite listenable.

Want to learn how to produce an album? Just listen to this one.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        Originally posted by Martin
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

For me, and I know I'll be the only one, Ray LaMontangne's Trouble is perfect cover to cover. What's funny is that I generally like a heavier sound for everyday listening but put that on and I'm content to hear it all the way through.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Originally posted by BMichaelKrol View Post

My vote would go to Arcade Fire, The Funeral. Pretty fucking great record right there. Probably close to perfect as I can come up with right now.
            Neon Biblely as well.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Nick Cave's double album Abbatoir Blues/Lyre of Orpheus is nearly perfect.

If not for 'The Fable of the Big Brown Ape', it would be that p-word.

Boatman's Call is already there, but A/L is close.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

Funeral is indeed perfect. Neon Bible is close, but not there.
                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Radiohead - Kid A

I love Ok Computer, but Kid A surprised me by being different and BETTER!

Massive Attack - Mezzanine

Cornerstone of any electronic list. Angel is that track I use to test sound systems.

Also: Best fuck music. Ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                    Radiohead - Kid A

I love Ok Computer, but Kid A surprised me by being different and BETTER!

Massive Attack - Mezzanine

Cornerstone of any electronic list. Angel is that track I use to test sound systems.

Also: Best fuck music. Ever.
                    Can't really argue with Mezzanine, as its my favourite MA album, but In Rainbows is a better pick for a Radiohead album that doesn't drop the ball once.

My personal picks (from the last decade) would be The Dears' You and I Are a Gang of Losers and Elbow's Leaders of the Free World.

Leaders especially has some of my all-time favourite songs on it, but there simply isn't a weak track on there (The Everthere and An Imagined Affair are as disposable as it gets, and they're both crammed with fantastic imagery) and, for me, I doubt they'll ever recapture the synergy at play on that album. Its from a time when they had just a taste of success but were still hungry to establish themselves (its their 3rd album) as something different, so it rocks back and forth from introspective beauty (My Very Best, Great Expectations) to barnstorming anthems (the title track and Forget Myself) to pleasing, little rock songs (Picky Bugger, Mexican Standoff). Puncture Repair, the epilogue as it were, is an example of how much a run-time deficient song can achieve, clocking in under 2 minutes.

The Dears' album is simply the pinnacle of their work so far (though their latest, Degeneration Street is very good) - for me, its every bit as good as AF's Funeral, if not quite as bombastic. Certainly it has more going on under the surface and no shortage of anthemic rock songs.
                    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

A lot of people who have said OK Computer or even Hail to the Thief before In Raindows, but all of them are great. It's a matter of taste.

And Leaders is a great album.

Comment

OK is flawless. The rest of them are very close. That band is ridiculously talented and I hate their fans.

You guys are excluded from that broad generalization, though.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

I've been getting into Elbow lately, thanks for the recommendation on their 3rd record. It speaks to my newly minted middle-aged-dom.
                          Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

I've been getting into Elbow lately, thanks for the recommendation on their 3rd record. It speaks to my newly minted middle-aged-dom.
                            Leaders and Seldom Seen Kids are great stuff.

Comment

Selena Gomez - "Kiss & Tell"
                              XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

DOHOHOHOHOHO

The Stooges S/T.

Still fucking furious.

Still all over the place.

And I fucking love it.
                                Last edited by Captain Russ; 07-22-2011, 11:52 AM.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X