No announcement yet.

Does the "guilty pleasure movie" exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shit, what was my reasoning? Was it that I enjoyed it because I'm in a relationship and that if you aren't you may not find the humor?
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by PAULINE KAEL View Post
      I would prefer John McLaughlin. I'd make him my avatar.
      Dana Carvey as McLaughlin would be better.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
        Shit, what was my reasoning? Was it that I enjoyed it because I'm in a relationship and that if you aren't you may not find the humor?

Yeah. It's faulty reasoning.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
          Actually, he called it a great movie. So you're both WRONG!
          Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
          I'd request a moritorium on the Kevin Spacey WRONG! macro. However, John McClaughlin is allowed.
          Was it great? No. But we laughed. It was a "safe Apatow wannabe" flick. It was carried by Rudd and Seagal. Take those two out and I wouldn't have been a fan. Could it have been better? Of course, but for what it was it was a funny movie, IMO.
          WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Originally posted by Judas Booth View Post
            Dana Carvey as McLaughlin would be better.

YES! Someone make it happen.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

Yeah. It's faulty reasoning.

To a point. But alot of the jokes revolve around things that happen in a long term relationship. If you aren't in one, or haven't had one or even have bad ones, the jokes would fall flat.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

YES! Someone make it happen.
                I'll see what I can do for you.
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Originally posted by B_MetalSucks View Post
                  No, Pauline has dubbed Freddy a "good" movie. You are wrong Ed.
                  Freddy Got Fingered is a great film that most people mistake for being terrible.
                  Originally posted by B_MetalSucks View Post
                  WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!
                  Who's wrong again?
                  We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                  - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

To a point. But alot of the jokes revolve around things that happen in a long term relationship. If you aren't in one, or haven't had one or even have bad ones, the jokes would fall flat.

Here's the thing. That's a mighty big statement backed up by nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
                      Who's wrong again?
                      Whomever disagrees with Pauline. I said good when he said great, it's not the worst misquote ever. Stop trying to interfere with my correcting of people disagreeing with Pauline.
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Here's the thing. That's a mighty big statement backed up by nothing.
                        Meh. It wasn't that great of a movie to attempt to list every joke that revolves around being in a relationship. But if it makes you feel any better, I'll take back that statement and go with my second one posted earlier. But Lesley and I were laughing because we saw alot of ourselves in the movie. So while it may not be factual evidence it resonated with us as we've had the same conversations that were had in the flick. Mostly between Rashida and Rudd.

Comment

Meh. It wasn't that great of a movie to attempt to list every joke that revolves around being in a relationship. But if it makes you feel any better, I'll take back that statement and go with my second one posted earlier.
                          This is what happens when you disagree with Pauline. Craaaawfishin'.

Comment

The "guitly pleasure movie" does exist. Proof? Transformers. /thread.

PS Fuck that movie.
                            The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

We in fact may have a winner.
                              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
                                The "guitly pleasure movie" does exist. Proof? Transformers. /thread.

PS Fuck that movie.

You like Boondock Saints.

Comment

Working...
                                X