Paleo Chow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt View Post
    cool, glad you liked 'em. They're great to pound in the morning when you simply don't have time to make a big breakfast.
    Plus they almost feel like a dessert! Yum!
    If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

that's the only thing that throws me off actually. I feel dirty when having them for breakfast.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I won't lie...I've cut one of those in half and split it with my wife for dessert.

twice.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Paleo Fajitas:

ingredients:
          • 1 pound chicken breast (cut into strips)
          • 1 medium white onion
          • 1 green bell pepper
          • 1 red bell pepper
          • salsa
          • guacamole (this recipe is the SHIT, or just avocado slices to your liking)
          • cumin, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, other spicy spices
          • coconut oil
          • lemon juice (half a lemon, lime juice)

steps:
          • cut chicken breasts into strips and season with seasonings above. Chill for at least 30 mins - 1 hour in the fridge to marinate in spicyness.
          • cut up onion/peppers in to strips
          • heat up wok/skillet on medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
          • add onions first. About 3 mins.
          • add chicken and stir occasionally (so it doesn't burn) for about 10-12 mins
          • right before the chicken is cooked through completely, add peppers and some lemon juice/lime juice (like half a lemon/lime is good)

• NOM NOM NOM on a plate with some guacamole/avocado and some salsa mixed in.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

So good.

Comment

Tomorrow I will destroy this thread.
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

This is my got-to breakfast, along with yogurt+lots of fruits+ a bit of maple syrup and/or that kickass paleo bread that Matt posted.

Egg Raggamuffins

-250ml of egg white (usually, half of one those egg white containers)
                -2-3 eggs (I WANT SOME EGG YOLD DAMMIT)
                -Frozen onions/peppers mix (or any fresh/frozenveggie mix you might like), 1-2 cups
                -1 cup of meat, cooked* and chopped in pieces. Or 4-5 bacon slices.
                -Oil, or butter, or human fat. Or bacon fat I guess.
                - Frank's Red Hot sauce, or any spices you wanna try (smoked paprika, etc...)
                - Grated cheese, when I feel like a naughty boy
                - A muffin pan (I used a 6-larger muffins silicon pan. No need to grease or use paper)

1- Preheat that oven to 350
                2- Cook that meat if it's uncooked, like say, BACON!
                3- Once cooked, cook those veggies until tender. If using fresh I diced them before cooking, and if frozen, after. If you cooked bacon and didn't used at least SOME of that fat, shame on you. At worse, clear that fat, but those bits at the bottom of the pan is GOLD.
                4- In a large bowl, add the meat, the veggies (let them cool just a bit if too hot). Add the egg whites, eggs, and spices or awesome Frank's Hot Sauce ( I used a fuckload of that. It's so gooooood) and mix. Season if needed...
                5- Put in the muffin pan. Make sure you fill those to 70% of the hole and NO MORE, as it will swell up and will drip all over the place if it's too much.
                6- Cook a good 25-30 minutes, depending on various factors such as the amount of water from the veggies, etc...

Let cool to avoid condensation, efrigerate, and wrap up as needed. When needed, pop in the microwave 1 minute and eat.

I usually share those with the wife, so it's 3 each, and thus 3 mornings of NOM.

Comment

Gonna try the hell out of those. They sound tasty as hell. I'll omit the cheese, though.

How long do they last?
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

Chesse is once in a very while option btw. I usually do strict paleo on those.

To be honest? No clue. A good 4 days to say the least, but by then they are GONE.

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                      Paleo Fajitas:

ingredients:
                      • 1 pound chicken breast (cut into strips)
                      • 1 medium white onion
                      • 1 green bell pepper
                      • 1 red bell pepper
                      • salsa
                      • guacamole (this recipe is the SHIT, or just avocado slices to your liking)
                      • cumin, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, other spicy spices
                      • coconut oil
                      • lemon juice (half a lemon, lime juice)

steps:
                      • cut chicken breasts into strips and season with seasonings above. Chill for at least 30 mins - 1 hour in the fridge to marinate in spicyness.
                      • cut up onion/peppers in to strips
                      • heat up wok/skillet on medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
                      • add onions first. About 3 mins.
                      • add chicken and stir occasionally (so it doesn't burn) for about 10-12 mins
                      • right before the chicken is cooked through completely, add peppers and some lemon juice/lime juice (like half a lemon/lime is good)

• NOM NOM NOM on a plate with some guacamole/avocado and some salsa mixed in.
                      Hi Rob:

Just curious, but how many servings would you say that this recipe yields?

Comment

We usually have enough for 4 servings I guess. It always feeds us for two days as we don't have crazy big servings. If you are a voracious eater then it will at least make 2 servings.

Comment

Cool, thanks. I need to make enough food for around a dozen people this weekend, and I was either going to do THIS or make a pulled pork recipe that I found.

Comment

I'd recommend testing this out to see if you dig it. It will really come down to the seasoning you use, but we like it.

Comment

Working...
                            X