Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exactly. Zwick gets a pass for me with his Crooze Samourai Moovie.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Body of Lies was the goods.

Comment

• It was, I remember DiCaprio's work being completely overshadowed by Crowe, and even more so, Mark Strong.
        Last edited by Martin; 07-03-2012, 02:48 PM.

Comment

• All I remember is there was a GnR track in it.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
            It was, I remember DiCaprio's work being completely overshadowed by Crowe, and even more so, Mark Strong.
            Disagree but everyone's entitled to an opinion.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• YES I AM.

But really Inception changed my opinion of the guy. Body of Lies was probably his best later work for me before that, but I didn't feel he carried the movie.

Comment

• Speaking of Crowe, I just saw Cinderella Man for the first time.

What can I say, it got me. Crowe and Giamatti are both great and Craig Bierko, when he finally turns up, is a douchebag of the highest order, while also looking like a bear in the ring. The depression stuff is interesting, even if Howard does over-egg the pudding on occasion. All the fights are much more gritty and punishing than I anticipated. But MAN, that final fight is the shit. One of the most epic bouts put to film and as good as any I've seen in recent memory. Thrilling, emotional stuff.

The film as a whole may be no classic, but its way much more than you expect from Ron Howard and a script at least partially credited to - EEEK! - Akiva Goldsman. I can kinda understand why it tanked (and it must have been pretty pricey to make), but I'm surprised there hasn't been a bit of a Shawshank-style, home video, word of mouth thing for it.
                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I remember warching CINDERELLA MAN in the movie theater and thinking that it was the most blatant oscar bait film that I'd ever seen. That IN YOUR FACE nature of it soured me on the film, probably unfairly.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Same for me, Matt. I though maybe I was overreacting to it, but it seems I'm not alone in that Oscar bait bullshit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                      I remember warching CINDERELLA MAN in the movie theater and thinking that it was the most blatant oscar bait film that I'd ever seen. That IN YOUR FACE nature of it soured me on the film, probably unfairly.

What got to me was the fact that they made Baer look like an asshole.

Max Baer Sr was devasted by killing a guy in the ring and he never got it over for the rest of his career. There was a conspiracy theory for the longest time that he threw the fight against Braddock just for the PR.
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I remember that. It's a case similar to the one in Braveheart. Robert The Bruce is made to look like a rich shithead, and that he led the starving Scots to their death against the English army.

Truth is that William Wallace was also a rich shithead (like, the whole movie is pure fiction except the English prince being gay), and The Bruce not only won that last fight, but maintained Scotland's independance for like 20-30 years

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                          What got to me was the fact that they made Baer look like an asshole.

Max Baer Sr was devasted by killing a guy in the ring and he never got it over for the rest of his career. There was a conspiracy theory for the longest time that he threw the fight against Braddock just for the PR.
                          Another reason I didn't care for Cinderella Man aka Alfred E. Newman Takes Up Pugilism
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Cinderella man could've been so much better. And yes the treatment of Baer Sr was pretty shitty. And the scotts didn't wear kilts in wallaces time. So says Wikipedia, anyway.
                            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Braveheart was pure fluff. But Mel is awesome at that sort of manipulative revisionist bullshit.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• If only Mel Gibson would have pushed the revisionism far enough to make the English people Jews....

Comment

Working...
                                X